Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

I'm waiting to see what happens, when the storms moving WNW collide with those associated with the CF moving E: a meteorological supernova or the usual 'damp squib'? Any ideas?:D

Just drove from kilburn to willesden. Temperature dropped from 28 to 25• in 10 mins. Few drops in willesden. Let's see what it's like by the time I get to Colindale 

1 minute ago, warrenb said:

And down here, not a sausage

you'll be coming to the party late tonight into tomorrow morning I reckon

6 hours ago, Azazel said:

lol old Grimsley is getting under the skin of people on UKWW now.

I feel this may be my last significant chance of the year - GoPro is charged, hoping something kicks off ideally around 8pm as it will be dark then.

Lol i spotted that this week also, Last chance for storms i think in my area tonight hoping something happens.

13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Nowhere swiftly, but lets hope it moves SSE. :D

Have been watching for about 15 mins, seems to be getting bigger. No lightning observed yet but constant growling coming from the top of the clouds.

11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I'm waiting to see what happens, when the storms moving WNW collide with those associated with the CF moving E: a meteorological supernova or the usual 'damp squib'? Any ideas?:D

Thinking of trying to get out and chase in this area... Anyone have a rough idea of where this will be?

What's the veil called at the top of the cloud? Looks like Air condensing around an aircraft when it breaks the sound barrier, she's really going up quickly. 

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

What's the veil called at the top of the cloud? Looks like Air condensing around an aircraft when it breaks the sound barrier, she's really going up quickly. 

image.jpeg

Pilleus?

1 minute ago, Mesoscale said:

image.jpeg

Pileus cap.

1 minute ago, MP-R said:

We have lift off to the south!

image.jpeg

Is that of the SW storm, or another developing one?

4 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Is that of the SW storm, or another developing one?

I'm not sure. Was trying to work it out. I'm wondering if it's the Dorset one.

On 14/09/2016 at 01:54, alexisj9 said:

Personally the area looked quite big, think we would of heard about some major damage even if it was to just tree's and hedgerows by now if it was one. So I find it unlikely, guess we'll find out tomorrow at some point.

There wouldn't have been any damage as the area that the Tornado was seen was in the countryside near Bradfield

The party don't really start till later (if the DJ turns up) 

These are just early comers drinking all the alcohol and getting jaffa cakesed to early and leaving..

Lots of potential here, unstable clouds. Just got to be patient and hope we see some action

unstable sky.JPG