Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Supacell

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Y'all got flooding up North and here I am sweating my tits off with a fan blowing.

:shok:

You swore

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

I am glad for you that you intercepted it,i decided to stay at home but i would have had a better view up woodhead,still a spectacular show though.:D

so pleased i did , but the driving was bit hairy,  decided to chase because i knew this was a proper thunderstorm cell, saw one of the most spectacular close cg for years,  it had a wide centre channel and many finer branches, and sound was insane,  really think it was a positive cg , very powerful,  the ground shook like a sonic boom ,  was still seeing odd flashes in the dusk sky on the way home ,two hours later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to put the kettle on in hopes it gives the final bit of heat needed to break the cap here, Its still 22c outside at 9pm!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightning getting more frequent and closer but no thunder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in Liverpool getting anything from the cell that's formed over there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Lightning getting more frequent and closer but no thunder 

I hardly heard any thunder until it was over or past me,very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torrential showers moving through quickly.  Feels  like one might electrify at any moment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only had two storms here this year and they were both in April, any chance of getting anything tonight for us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Torrential showers moving through quickly.  Feels  like one might electrify at any moment. 

I keep looking out west to see if anything happens. There's one to my south I've got my eye on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can see flashes out to my west now but no thunder heard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad luck to be cought out in that Chessy! Probably the best storm I have seen round here.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

I have only had two storms here this year and they were both in April, any chance of getting anything tonight for us? 

Looking to the south I would be surprised if that big French MCS thing doesn't continue on it's northward path.

thing is I have no storm forecast to follow for tomorrow so I'm just nowcasting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

If that stuff in France dies off when it reaches the channel there is no justice and we should all pack up and leave.

When it dies off more likely ... Frustrating but some are doing ok further north again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Allezwasps. said:

When it dies off more likely ... Frustrating but some are doing ok further north again 

Really? Look at it... Twice the size of the cells in the uk at the moment. Seas are warm and you can't say it isn't hot enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some amazing videos coming from friends in West Yorkshire. The frequency of the Lightning beats the storm we had a couple of years ago in London 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Looking to the south I would be surprised if that big French MCS thing doesn't continue on it's northward path.

thing is I have no storm forecast to follow for tomorrow so I'm just nowcasting

Steering winds look to move round to the SE this evening and overnight so storms should steer towards SW England. Wouldn't be surprised if it just rain by the time it reaches the channel though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Really? Look at it... Twice the size of the cells in the uk at the moment. Seas are warm and you can't say it isn't hot enough!

Yes it's a monster around Nantes at the minute , fingers crossed we get lucky later we deserve a decent light show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Really? Look at it... Twice the size of the cells in the uk at the moment. Seas are warm and you can't say it isn't hot enough!

It's probably likely it'll trundle NW towards Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Steering winds look to move round to the SE this evening and overnight so storms should steer towards SW England. Wouldn't be surprised if it just rain by the time it reaches the channel though!

It's kept its course since the border with Catalonia so I'm still hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

I keep looking out west to see if anything happens. There's one to my south I've got my eye on!

Steady rain here, but nothing electrical seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope died as predicted haha good to see some pics and vids of it earlier though - impressive!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throughout this summer I've got myself psyched up so many times after looking at the models (like earlier today) only to be disappointed - and today is no exception :wallbash:. However I keep the faith due to the amazing pics, videos and posts of all those storrm fans on this site who manage to get into the zone. A belated and sincere thank you to all of you who keep the hope alive, and as the forecast here is giving a 63% chance of a lightshow there's always hope!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alicol said:

Throughout this summer I've got myself psyched up so many times after looking at the models (like earlier today) only to be disappointed - and today is no exception :wallbash:. However I keep the faith due to the amazing pics, videos and posts of all those storrm fans on this site who manage to get into the zone. A belated and sincere thank you to all of you who keep the hope alive, and as the forecast here is giving a 63% chance of a lightshow there's always hope!

I have everything crossed for you... Your storms will come!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...