Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My piece de resistance: (drumroll please...)  

I've just been going through my phones photos from yesterday. Apart from the two oversized bras on next door's washing, this popped up: Finally got one!!

From what I understand, the current isolated storm cells have developed on a convergence wave tied into the circulation of the depression in Biscay. This "wave" will rotate and traverse slo

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

City match postponed due to the bad weather conditions. Only the Manchester weather can stop Guardiola :rofl:

The pitch is fine so the match would be playable but I guess it's the chaos around the city that's stopped it

managed to get lightning detector site back again - storm still pretty steady!  Heading north - I swear if it's still got some punch I'm intercepting this one as it moves in to the region...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, NUT said:

The pitch is fine so the match would be playable but I guess it's the chaos around the city that's stopped it

And probably the fact that almost constant lightning is a bit of a risk to the players and fans.

• Like 1
Just now, Darren Bown said:

This has back built! Radar showing heavier echoes around Warrington, and lightning has started up again. One was gunshot thunder as it struck Newton Park!

Yep new Sferics showing on the map now around that area.  Sporadic but definitely some activity again there now :)

Super viewing now it's going dark

From my viewpoint at the top of Cutthorpe, there are still some cracking gold bolts every now and again coming down over the hills towards the west of Sheffield

Just now, John Hodgson said:

Mate of mine was just streaming the storm near the Wakefield area. Looks very impressive. Is it just me or is it a "right mover"

Look like a right mover to me mate I was saying that a while back.  It's definitely shifted east on its track.  I am in line if it maintains intensity which I doubt - but can hope! 

Manchester has been moved to Florida tonight. Had a great hour of torrential rain (including my ride home from work, which was lovely, really) and intense lightning. Thunder not too loud due to all the rain. It was almost stopped,.now it's picking up again a bit. I'm watching from the loft windows which have a great view to the E and NE, of lots of distant lightning months horizon. There have just been some great strikes nearby, one was a multi flash job across 90 degrees of sky. A couple of miles off too, so huge.