Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Had a couple of fart pop thunderstorms here in North East Wales so far today... My, my, the weather Gods are spoiling me today. Lol :rolleyes:

But seriously, if you've got a good storm then enjoy folks, and for those that are still waiting, hopefully you'll get something soon :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storm going mad over south Birmingham and another over Stourbridge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Right works pretty much done.. going to try and get in the car and pick up my kids and drive them into the middle of the storm heading up from Kiddy somewhere on the M54 east of Telford. Should be fun! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks like something could kick off here so window open just in case! First time I've been in this position this year....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
1 minute ago, Summer of 95 said:

2 storms so far this afternoon, and it's starting to rain again.....

This afternoon certainly made up for the totally thunderless July/Aug, been years since we had a good one in September (late 90s I think)

We did have a cracking storm earlier this year, think it was June which was one of the best in living memory, but your right, then nothing... so today rounds off the storm season nicely. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Very heavy rain now with Big flashes and Booooms.......I'm loving it :D http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=sat;r=0;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;n=0;y=52.3792;x=-1.6234;z=10;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Posted

This storm system over west midlands really getting it's act together now, almost like one big storm now rather than a cluster, north west england/west yorkshire could be in for a peach of a lightning storm tonight! only worry though we seemed to have lost these high temperatures of earlier..

• Like 2

Posted

gun shot type thunder now

Posted
On 9/2/2016 at 06:39, Supacell said:

A new thread for a new season.

Although summer 2016 is now behind us the storm season is not as traditionally thunderstorms still occur for the first part of Autumn at least. Summer as a whole was probably quite disappointing for a lot of people wanting storms. There were numerous thunderstorms during the first half of June and it was one of the best starts to summer for storms in recent years. Since then storms have been very few and far between.

The old thread is here

Please try to keep on topic and keep this to discussions regarding convective weather, severe weather and all things stormy.

Onto the here and now. I expect this may change but I am seeing the risk of something thundery tomorrow across Ireland during the day and then spreading into NW England through the evening. CAPE increases across these parts and this will be coupled with other ingredients such as shear and helicity. I will have another look this evening to see if it is worth me putting any meat onto the bones but at least worth an eye at this stage I think. Could be some overnight lightning and thunder for N England in general if it comes off.

dissapointing as usual for here,  the bbc graphics had lightning dancing all over the north west from mid afternoon to early evening,  but its all happening the midlands as usual, as the storm sheild is killing the electical activity as they dare to move into the north west , the north west sucks for storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
1 minute ago, IanR said:

dissapointing as usual for here,  the bbc graphics had lightning dancing all over the north west from mid afternoon to early evening,  but its all happening the midlands as usual, as the storm sheild is killing the electical activity as they dare to move into the north west , the north west sucks for storms

Don't know how you can say that - if I was in your locale and that blob was headed north the way that lump is on the radar I'd at least be the "glass is half full" type of guy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Feels really thundery  out there now. A few sharp showers now. sferic 24 miles away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

It has been pretty meh here! Heard a couple of rumbles, not heard anything for over 15 minutes now and the rain has stopped. Rushed out of work too thinking we was in for a good un! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, davehsug said:

Dark as night heavy rain no thunder. Situation normal.

Just had a rumble that sounded like it was to the S&E of here. 

EDIT: another crack of thunder just then!

Posted

loving it here , lots of T&L , heavy rain .

Posted
5 minutes ago, joggs said:

Come to papa.Being, West Yorkshire lol.

Good thing about night time lightning you can usually see it from 50 miles away! As was the case with that beast that tracked up the west country a couple of years ago. As all this comes up I'm gunna set up shop at the royalty (on the chevin), cracking vantage point 1000ft up facing the south.

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Just had a rumble that sounded like it was to the S&E of here. 

EDIT: another crack of thunder just then!

looks like you just got a right pasting!