Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Strange isn't it, was all meant to converge around NW England from what (admittedly little) I've seen today. Literally as soon as the precipitation reaches N Shrops/Cheshire it dies a death. One storm did initiate around Stoke though and push up into the E of Manchester.

The BBC seem to be struggling to predict this evening now too. They don't seem to have recognised the heavy rain in the Midlands, and most of the storm activity diminishes by about 7pm on the forecast I saw at 4:30pm. Very odd and I would like to know what changed, as the CAPE and LIs were good for central and northern areas, and moisture was available!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My piece de resistance: (drumroll please...)  

I've just been going through my phones photos from yesterday. Apart from the two oversized bras on next door's washing, this popped up: Finally got one!!

From what I understand, the current isolated storm cells have developed on a convergence wave tied into the circulation of the depression in Biscay. This "wave" will rotate and traverse slo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Strange isn't it, was all meant to converge around NW England from what (admittedly little) I've seen today. Literally as soon as the precipitation reaches N Shrops/Cheshire it dies a death. One storm did initiate around Stoke though and push up into the E of Manchester.

I'm just hoping that this area of storms/thundery rain currently over west midlands really ignites as it moves into north west england/ west yorkshire?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that storm over Stratford upon Avon , will it make it up here , will it be defeated by the West Mids storm shield or will it do the usual and make a right turn to head up over Nuneaton towards Leicester ??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

I'm just hoping that this area of storms/thundery rain currently over west midlands really ignites as it moves into north west england/ west yorkshire?

At the moment, the lightning activity has slowed. I really don't know what to think now!

Edited by Darren Bown
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

The BBC seem to be struggling to predict this evening now too. They don't seem to have recognised the heavy rain in the Midlands, and most of the storm activity diminishes by about 7pm on the forecast I saw at 4:30pm. Very odd and I would like to know what changed, as the CAPE and LIs were good for central and northern areas, and moisture was available!

I'm watching the cloud approach from the SW now....looks deeply unstable, like a mothership on its leading edge. However, radar suggests it's dying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

I'm just hoping that this area of storms/thundery rain currently over west midlands really ignites as it moves into north west england/ west yorkshire?

We can dream 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm watching the cloud approach from the SW now....looks deeply unstable, like a mothership on its leading edge. However, radar suggests it's dying.

Judging from earlier forecasts, it SHOULD be intesifying as it hits the higher energy up here. Something isn't right lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

Judging from earlier forecasts, it SHOULD be intesifying as it hits the higher energy up here. Something isn't right lol.

At least we have plenty going on at an early stage. My biggest fear this morning was it still being 5pm and not a single sferic, waiting for something to pop up out of the blue is like watching paint dry lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

WOW! Just had a second round of storms... over head storm, strikes within the town... pretty instant thunder.... amazing 

That passed us by to the east sounded impressive even here,saw 1 bolt of lightning to the south of the main black cloud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...