Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My piece de resistance: (drumroll please...)  

I've just been going through my phones photos from yesterday. Apart from the two oversized bras on next door's washing, this popped up: Finally got one!!

From what I understand, the current isolated storm cells have developed on a convergence wave tied into the circulation of the depression in Biscay. This "wave" will rotate and traverse slo

Posted Images

actually looking at the radar it does seem like they are converging slightly further east than i thought  maybe just clip Birmingham  but as other psters have said  cells could pop up anyway.

Several close CGs in the Warminster area, cannot believe how this is so similar to Saturday 27th August. Right overhead now.

Daytime storms are a real rarity but my goodness I wish this had been at night!

I have such a bad habit of not getting much footage during a storm. 1: They are rarer than rocking horse poop. and 2: I get too excited and and forget to try and get better footage.

SavedImage_20160913_111644_21.jpg SavedImage_20160913_111644_23.jpg

Excuse the blob in the middle, it was peeing down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vestan said:

I'm in Oxford & expecting this to pass slightly to my West?

I think your right  it is just a tad to far west  looks like the M5 pay be a good guide?

A relatively brief storm with rumbles now heading off North/NW past Gloucester. Saw a few flashes but mainly intra-cloud. Interesting day! Are the storms in the Channel likely to head north during the afternoon?

Parts of Wales/NW England could be in for a treat later.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

More Thundery Rain than.Thunderstorm IMBY.

Going to go greedy now & hope this can clear away quickly to allow the more intense cells to the south to invade my area.

I've must have done something to upset the weather gods..... While Weston got a pasting, Up here in Nailsea I'm feeding of the crumbs of the storms all around me. I can hear distant thunder, but not seen any lightning.

Still Weston got a thunder storm, my weather station recorded 12.19mm of rain in 50mins

Edited by SteveB