Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Turned breezy now not much left on the cold front as it approaches. May get a day of unmeasurable rainfall

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

looks like convectiveweather  were right on the money with their warning for the London area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
4 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Turned breezy now not much left on the cold front as it approaches. May get a day of unmeasurable rainfall

right doesn't look much of a feature main action in line from Durham down to Milton Keynes and of course London and surrounding areas

Posted

Been awake since 2.30 with torrential / near torrential rain.No sign of it stopping. Not been outside yet but can only imagine the carnage.Drains are overwhelmed so cant flush loo,etc.Worst rain I can recall

• Like 1

Posted

Finally went to sleep around 3, set the alarm for half 6 and i'm glad I did looking back at the past few hours. Might have been seen a flash or two towards the SE as the cold-front initiated the cell towards Matlock and Sheffield but aside from that it's been a flop-event for the NW. Back to sleep it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Gosh, this grey murk is absolutely terrifying. Rain rate of 00.00mm/hr, although I see there's a scary area of drizzle near Yarmouth. Must have produced a heck of a show. 

Posted

Dont even joke about the rain rate.Its relentless here.Pumping station,storm drains, overwhelmed.Some people are going to wake up(if they slept) to heartbreak and an awful lot more to just misery. Going to be a long,long clean up

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Dont even joke about the rain rate.Its relentless here.Pumping station,storm drains, overwhelmed.Some people are going to wake up(if they slept) to heartbreak and an awful lot more to just misery. Going to be a long,long clean up

Crazy and there is more to come 

2 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

The front is now engaging with the moist air to the east so I think for some it's only going to get worse over the next 6-8 hours, it's been absolutely mental here over night, really from when that reading cell fired last night till about half an hour ago it has been non stop lighting and thunder. 

Now comes the tricky part as the front pushes into the warmer air and clears it out it really will take some time some models don't have it clearing West London till midday/early afternoon 

Stay safe peeps affected 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Well the lightning is back and is striking quite close, we have had an incredible amount of rain over night, and I mean incredible. Amber warning was well deserved an I was totally wrong about my predictions. The rain reminds me of a tropical depression, constant and relentless. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
10 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

And here in West Oxfordshire, not a drop of rain all night :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A very quiet night in Malvern! :unknw:

I played back the overnight radar and wow, some of you have had an amazing night - I hope there'll be pictures and videos aplenty for those of us who missed out! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Not so exciting here I'm afraid. Woken by a distant rumble at about 3AM, followed by another one around 5/10 minutes later, then nothing. Was expecting so much more, but we are still under a warning with 93% humidity so there may still be a glimmer of hope

Just looked at the radar! Is that the cold front coming through? Because if so, it's about to get rather wet here!

Edited by Jcweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

this thunder is terrifyingly loud, I thought a bomb exploded outside my house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Developments now to the west of here. Damn that was a ground shaking deep rumble!!