Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
17 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

Lightning seems to have died down a little other than the occasional very close strike but the rain rate has increased dramatically, local roads have surface flooding

Yep, seems to be calming down a bit here, did have a huge crack of thunder earlier, seemed to be very near.

Having said that, it's just started rumbling again!

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Bah what a joke, saw a bright flash from the cell developing near northampton so drive towards it. soon as im there the lightning stops dead. not a happy bunny :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Thought it was calming down but looks to be starting up again. Some very bright lightning to the north, north east and south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Loads of lightning here all around with thunder, not raining though! Extremely calm atmosphere! -Reading

The way the storms have formed is very unfamiliar if you ask me! Clearly a lot of destabilization is occurring and slowly creeping itself northwards.. 

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Ok it's just kicked off FINALLY in South Bucks. Was trying to sleep and had window wide open and it was raining loudly, just saw about 5 flashes which have all had thunder about 1-2 seconds later. Sweet! But, I need to sleep. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

It's all quietened down here. Can clearly see the Bracknell and Maidenhead cells flashing away to the north east but I think the main action is perhaps over with here. Still, managed to photograph around a dozen lightning bolts of which 3 are really nice. Really happy with the results given this was my first time trying to photograph lightning in earnest (as opposed to Ernest, our local baker, who I'm sure wouldn't be keen on having lightning photographed inside him).

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, West Sussex Kate said:

Anyone from Basingstoke still on here? 

Yeah I'm still loitering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I always feel like I am the bridesmaid and never the bride with thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

got one eye and a camera on that Derby cell ......developing nicely

• Like 2

Posted

Something on the go in Essex in the Chelmsford area. Anyone got eyes on it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sun blue skies no humidity or storms
51 minutes ago, slb97 said:

Woken up by some very bright lightning and heavy rain. Cat sat by the open window purring away, she loves a storm like me!

one of mine sometimes watches lightning at the window.. not tonight, shes asleep, 2 in my bedroom (got 4 cats) one was in window and has moved to my bed when storm got close, both in my room were asleep but rudely awoken then straight back to sleep again :O

• Like 3