Supacell

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There we go... bang on cue!

2016-09-15 (7).png

:D

• Like 2

Posted

People of Winchester.......cameras ready..........its here!

Capture.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm, Snow, Wind, Any Extremes :)

Some really angry sounding rumbles and distant flashes to the NNE here in southampton.

Seem to have missed out of most the of the action.  I have pointed our camera at the skies so will hopefully have some footage for you guys tomorrow!

Stay safe all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just having a smoke and saw a flash to my NW .. Rumblings proceeding. :D

leading edge of cold front now roughly in a line north to south glasgow through merseyside through mid-wales into exeter/plymouth, so initiation east of that line is in line with modelling....could use a bit more initiation here on the M4 corridor though :wink:

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

Im going to call it and say im too far north now unless some serious forcing comes into play. I saw some incredible storms earlier, although I didn't get a drop of rain the structure and the cloudscapes where insane. It was the first time I have ever seen mamatus and I watched multiple updrafts become anvils.  

I'm in Aylesbury further north of you and I thought we were all in the firing line? It's not meant to intensify more until the early hours? Still plenty of time no? The BBC forecast at 10 showed very heavy showers all over our area! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

It's at times like this I wish I didn't live in Scotland, missing out completely on these awesome events

Posted

Things trying to get going in Cheshire, looking at the wind vectors the main cold-front is still only situated in a line from Plymouth-Bangor-Edinburgh.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Is Reading going to get a,second pasting(but from a different direction)?

There's certainly some big totals forecast for the area overnight/tomorrow am. AROME zoom from 18Z run.

9250_uxa1.png

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

Some really angry sounding rumbles and distant flashes to the NNE here in southampton.

Seem to have missed out of most the of the action.  I have pointed our camera at the skies so will hopefully have some footage for you guys tomorrow!

Stay safe all.

7 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

Stay safe all.

7 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

Stay safe all.

Capture.JPG

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

That was unbelievably fast!

Screenshot_2016-09-16-00-06-47.png

Yeah I'm right under that, was reading the forum and could then hear the rain, went back to the radar and there it was......another nice flash and rumble.

Posted
2 minutes ago, hilux said:

When i said we'd missed out of action I mean't over the last couple of days!   I didn't make that clear enough, I feel.  We, should get some tonight :)

Capture.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
1 minute ago, JamieUK said:

I'm in Aylesbury further north of you and I thought we were all in the firing line? It's not meant to intensify more until the early hours? Still plenty of time no? The BBC forecast at 10 showed very heavy showers all over our area! 

Looking at radar nothing seems to be popping up north of the thames estuary, not even a shower, I cannot see the sky so I cannot comment on the instability but cloud has arrived and isnt even producing a drop of rain. Id love a night time storm but I dont think it will happen. 

Posted
Just now, hilux said:

Capture.JPG

hooking round to the south?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, hilux said:

hooking round to the south?

no, definitely no hook there, ppn is fading on the southern flank of that particular cluster of cells..........speaking of which isolated heavy showers are breaking out along the cold front in west somerset/east devon as well as the ones already mentioned over Merseyside

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah something springing up west of romsey too.

Posted

Storm is almost stationary about 5 miles to my south east with constant rumbles, the lightning is more impressive than the thunder from here, but the soundwaves marked on Lightning Maps is spot on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
13 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

But saying that I am always willing to eat my hat....