Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
5 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Fresh sferics appearing near Swindon. All quiet here still, but the wind has picked up a bit

false returns I'm afraid....nothing happening here..................yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

false returns I'm afraid....nothing happening here..................yet

Oh ok. Why do they show up when there's nothing happening? Is it a glitch in the system?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, teeno said:

Lots of potential here, unstable clouds. Just got to be patient and hope we see some action

unstable sky.JPG

What my sky looked like about an hour and a half ago, now it's filled in, very unstable cloud. Looks like it will rain any minute, but I don't think it will.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There are some Alto Cumulus castellanus grimslius visible to my south...A good omen for later tonight, I feel...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, Jcweather said:

Oh ok. Why do they show up when there's nothing happening? Is it a glitch in the system?

I think it's to do with errors in the triangulation from different sferic detection centres.....................on a side note, the storm just to the east of Reading is certainly a pokey little number, it's lit up like a christmas tree!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Seems to be a strong line of convection from Cambridge down through to Stevenage then onto London and out along the M4 corridor. This should make some good storms for the Midlands later as the situation expands.

• Like 2

Posted

going for a poo then heading out with the cameras. It's a nice night and i only have to be up early tomorrow to buy Korn + Limp Bizkit tickets (for shame) so might just sit out in the field near my house (can see the west london/reading cell) and wait for dark.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

lot of thunder near Sherborne dorset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Frustrated I'm stuck on a train unable to sky gaze and photograph - I'm getting glimpses of awesome Cbs, lovely pileus caps and stunning profiles of anvils/powerful updraughts. Absolutely stunning!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Front is forecast to be quite potent across eastern areas later. Dare I mention the phrase "heavy and potentially thundery rain"?

Bristol region too far West today me thinks. 

Off to the pub to enjoy the warmth whilst it lasts! Good luck all have fun.

Edited by Chris K

Posted
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

going for a poo then heading out with the cameras. It's a nice night and i only have to be up early tomorrow to buy Korn + Limp Bizkit tickets (for shame) so might just sit out in the field near my house (can see the west london/reading cell) and wait for dark.

I'll be doing something similar myself (apart from the poo...lol)....marlborough downs after dark I reckon, nr Kennet, great all-round views.....The storm nr Reading is slowly trundling this way down the M4 (Fat chance of it being done for speeding though...lol)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Enjoy your poo lol :) Hope it's a humdinger!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Seeing some elevated CB, but fairly certain the Reading cell is too far. Is this something new forming over East/Central London? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I always need a poo before a t-storm. No poo this evening, no t-storms.

Look amazing over there - stay safe!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

I have a cracking view of the cell that's working it's way toward Reading. Hearing lots of distant deep rumbles of the thunder. Feels like the whole anvil is almost on top of us.

anvilstructure.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

So glad ive come to uni earlier than expected! Storm on its route to Reading Uni

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just finished my dinner- literally chewing the last bit, and I refreshed the page to read the above.. :bad:

That Dorset storm has hardly moved at all!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and extreme weather
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Enjoy your poo lol :) Hope it's a humdinger!

Hope the paper holds and you don't shake the babys arm!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Oh imagine my surprise: About 1 and half hours ago I saw hazy grey cloud to the south and it started raining. Then rained moderate-heavy for about 30 minutes or so. Lots of thunder but didn't see any lightning. Mind you, was in the car then in the shops. 

Typical - storms smash reading/slough/maidenhead once again and avoid south and central Bucks entirely, yet again. Afraid a rain shower and thunder doesn't count! Moan over :D

Posted

South East Wales... just getting darker.. with only the upper layer of clouds seemingly moving slowly NW .. the lower darker shades just seem to be intensifying.. very very stormy look to the sky.. despite it only being partly covered .. but each time I go back.. there seems to be thicker clouds