Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Y'all got flooding up North and here I am sweating my tits off with a fan blowing.

:shok:

You swore

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

I am glad for you that you intercepted it,i decided to stay at home but i would have had a better view up woodhead,still a spectacular show though.:D

so pleased i did , but the driving was bit hairy,  decided to chase because i knew this was a proper thunderstorm cell, saw one of the most spectacular close cg for years,  it had a wide centre channel and many finer branches, and sound was insane,  really think it was a positive cg , very powerful,  the ground shook like a sonic boom ,  was still seeing odd flashes in the dusk sky on the way home ,two hours later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Im going to put the kettle on in hopes it gives the final bit of heat needed to break the cap here, Its still 22c outside at 9pm!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Lightning getting more frequent and closer but no thunder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Lightning getting more frequent and closer but no thunder 

I hardly heard any thunder until it was over or past me,very strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Torrential showers moving through quickly.  Feels  like one might electrify at any moment. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I have only had two storms here this year and they were both in April, any chance of getting anything tonight for us? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Torrential showers moving through quickly.  Feels  like one might electrify at any moment. 

I keep looking out west to see if anything happens. There's one to my south I've got my eye on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

can see flashes out to my west now but no thunder heard

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Bad luck to be cought out in that Chessy! Probably the best storm I have seen round here.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
2 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

I have only had two storms here this year and they were both in April, any chance of getting anything tonight for us? 

Looking to the south I would be surprised if that big French MCS thing doesn't continue on it's northward path.

thing is I have no storm forecast to follow for tomorrow so I'm just nowcasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
9 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

If that stuff in France dies off when it reaches the channel there is no justice and we should all pack up and leave.

When it dies off more likely ... Frustrating but some are doing ok further north again 

Posted
Just now, Allezwasps. said:

When it dies off more likely ... Frustrating but some are doing ok further north again 

Really? Look at it... Twice the size of the cells in the uk at the moment. Seas are warm and you can't say it isn't hot enough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Some amazing videos coming from friends in West Yorkshire. The frequency of the Lightning beats the storm we had a couple of years ago in London 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Looking to the south I would be surprised if that big French MCS thing doesn't continue on it's northward path.

thing is I have no storm forecast to follow for tomorrow so I'm just nowcasting

Steering winds look to move round to the SE this evening and overnight so storms should steer towards SW England. Wouldn't be surprised if it just rain by the time it reaches the channel though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Really? Look at it... Twice the size of the cells in the uk at the moment. Seas are warm and you can't say it isn't hot enough!

Yes it's a monster around Nantes at the minute , fingers crossed we get lucky later we deserve a decent light show.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

It's probably likely it'll trundle NW towards Ireland.

Posted
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Steering winds look to move round to the SE this evening and overnight so storms should steer towards SW England. Wouldn't be surprised if it just rain by the time it reaches the channel though!

It's kept its course since the border with Catalonia so I'm still hopeful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Nope died as predicted haha good to see some pics and vids of it earlier though - impressive!  

Posted

Throughout this summer I've got myself psyched up so many times after looking at the models (like earlier today) only to be disappointed - and today is no exception :wallbash:. However I keep the faith due to the amazing pics, videos and posts of all those storrm fans on this site who manage to get into the zone. A belated and sincere thank you to all of you who keep the hope alive, and as the forecast here is giving a 63% chance of a lightshow there's always hope!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Alicol said:

Throughout this summer I've got myself psyched up so many times after looking at the models (like earlier today) only to be disappointed - and today is no exception :wallbash:. However I keep the faith due to the amazing pics, videos and posts of all those storrm fans on this site who manage to get into the zone. A belated and sincere thank you to all of you who keep the hope alive, and as the forecast here is giving a 63% chance of a lightshow there's always hope!

I have everything crossed for you... Your storms will come!

• Like 1