Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

storm here, lightning/thunder, bucketing down, started around 4.50pm, black as the ace of spades, seemed to roll in from the NW and now a NW'ly wind

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

How come everyone played down the storm potential this afternoon on BBC and met office but last month when it went Tits up it was talked about a lot the day before the event.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

penkridge.png

looked at the lightning.org realtime map, zoomed in on my old town of Penkridge, nr Stafford.....jeez h christ, it's getting pummeled!!

Ay AJ, sure is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
5 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

How come everyone played down the storm potential this afternoon on BBC and met office but last month when it went Tits up it was talked about a lot the day before the event.

Always the way. I thought things looked good for today but been let don so many times. I'm a proper storm junkie who has been starved recently....but today I got my fix :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Come on,do a right turn please:diablo:,looks like it's heading west of here,might have to just in the car and head for woodhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some new cells firing near Normandy, one is electrified and has a strong hail signal from the core....this particular cell is firing just ahead of a decaying trough.....It will be interesting to see if this storm (and any others that develop near by) will survive the journey across the channel (the potent one looks surface based) as they look to track slightly west of north towards the Dorest/Hants coast and up into Wilts/Banes over the next few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite a few storms eyeing themselves up for Cornwall this evening? Biscay lows always our best shout for here. Ppn coming from a lovely SE direction as the evening progresses. Missed the one in Truro way earlier as was at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Omg the sferics on  The  Radio are mad. How are they not close enough to hear, and very frequent now. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sky to my West with rumbles in the distance and a few spots of rain just now here.

20160913_180101_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Reports from west Mids fire via twitter that 3 houses have been struck by lightning across the West Midlands .

Posted

I wouldn't be suprised if this storm dies off a little on its more east/south eastern side with all the energy focusing on north western england. If this is the case I may have to go for a drive...

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I'm actually liking the track that storm is taking from a selfish point of view - however it will be a miracle if it stays active until it arrives in the north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Omg the sferics on  The  Radio are mad. How are they not close enough to hear, and very frequent now. 

It looks like it's all going to miss us. My house is in silence just so I don't miss hearing anything

Posted

Is this lot moving east anytime soon? got plenty of clouds with darkened skies, no thunder though contrary to what the radar is suggesting.

Posted

100+ strikes /min now!

Looks like I'm going to have a desicion to make soon, Do I head towards burnley and intercept whats over manchester soon, or wait for what's just west of derby and see If It hits my location or at least a drive towards skipton?......

• Like 1