Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 minutes ago, Rob Walker said:

Yep west/central southern england has had quite a few good-un's this year :) had a fantastic storm off that eastern cell here today :)
And there was a pretty incredible one back on the 27 or 28th of august too (even remembering it getting special attention on the news aswell) seemed to take a similar track again to that one.

Yeah it did, then curved off to the East!

image.png

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rob Walker said:

Yep west/central southern england has had quite a few good-un's this year :) had a fantastic storm off that eastern cell here today :)
And there was a pretty incredible one back on the 27 or 28th of august too (even remembering it getting special attention on the news aswell) seemed to take a similar track again to that one.

Okay not quite the same track but pretty much the same area (for that eastern cell)  found a screenshot from blitzortung back from the 28th (or 27th lol) cant quite remember

New Picture (33).jpg

New Picture (31).jpg

Posted

Nothing but rain here nothing thundery at all as comfirmed by people who work outside all day at work yet my sister who lives the other side of bristol near Keynsham said she had T&L so its just here in my part of bristol that manages to avoid storms or they avoid where i am lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Yeah it did, then curved off to the East!

image.png

ahhh only just seen this did another post same day

1 minute ago, Rob Walker said:

Okay not quite the same track but pretty much the same area (for that eastern cell)  found a screenshot from blitzortung back from the 28th (or 27th lol) cant quite remember

New Picture (33).jpg

New Picture (31).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
Just now, Mapantz said:

.. and just to narrow it down further..

2016-09-13 (9).png

And for a change, my location is covered up by some crosses. prankster2.gif

Exactly what I was hoping to look at! I hate to moan but being at Sixth Form I'm right next to Chew Valley Lake where my arrow points at, oh my.

Anyway looking at Sat24, if we can have a clearing by 5pm, which seems possible could be in for another treat!

oh.png

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Ben Sainsbury said:

Exactly what I was hoping to look at! I hate to moan but being at Sixth Form I'm right next to Chew Valley Lake where my arrow points at, oh my.

Anyway looking at Sat24, if we can have a clearing by 5pm, which seems possible could be in for another treat!

oh.png

Sunny again just west of Salisbury so you never know!  Insanely sticky again is like being in the rainforest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another thunderstorm rumbling away to the east and south east of here, fresh strikes showing just south of Swindon

Posted
41 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

The lightning in the north has all but fizzled! Seems to be doing the opposite of what was forecast at the moment.

The rain has been re-energised by the hills north of Manchester, but no lightning detected yet.

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

another thunderstorm rumbling away to the east and south east of here, fresh strikes showing just south of Swindon

They have developed extremely quickly!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Storms north, east and west of here, but most crucially, not southeast! In fact, an even wider long gaping gap. Bristol is incredible sometimes haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

yes Andy, they have, with a very fast storm motion, with plenty of shear 

IMG_20160913_154551634.jpgIMG_20160913_154556435.jpgIMG_20160913_154554126.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

the pics above are looking south/south east towards Salisbury...this storm is about 10-15 miles away with plenty of deep booming rumbles, but it is moving quickly to the NW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hi All,

Is anyone near that cell that just crossed Cornwall? - looks like a sustained single cell to me that started to hook as it crossed the peninsula

Cheers ,Samos

Posted

sorry to be hogging the posts...lol.....but I'm really hoping things can stay active in this area after dark, as whereas day storms are cool, night storms are awesome!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Another storm just passing us, more heavy rain and loud thunder.

Posted
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

sorry to be hogging the posts...lol.....but I'm really hoping things can stay active in this area after dark, as whereas day storms are cool, night storms are awesome!

Is that looking likely. I haven't had time to look at what combination of factors are resulting in the storms but another September 2014 job would go down very nicely after lunchtime's taster.

Posted

On a side note, the cell approaching Glastonbury has some bright echoes - looks ideal to become electrified any minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

They're moving extremely quickly as well. 

Posted

Not holding my breath for anything thundery here today but still time I'd be more shocked to see lightning and hear thunder here than i was seeing 6 time world snooker champion Steve Davis djing at a rave i went to a few weeks back. 

Edited by Raidan
Missed out a word