Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Stormraider said:

The cells tracking North from the Bournemouth area and are now over Gloucester may have our name on them.

Fingers crossed

Posted

Western side of Salisbury where I am appeared to get a direct hit from the south east cell of that band 15 minutes ago with very frequent lightning overhead and some incredibly loud thunder :D
I got a video of it approaching but i think it contains me swearing at the end before it came overhead and I went inside!! If it's any good (ie can see the lightning) and I can upload it? - admin whats the rules on uploading a video with accidental swearing (twice near end) in video audio? haha 
Also had my neighborhood robin sat in the tree singing his heart out and then next to me eating all the while the storm was approaching hope i got it in the video too

Either way i am very happy right now a good satisfying dose of storm :D hope others get their chances too!!
And the sun is trying to come out now so back to my gardening!
But sounds like after it passed overhead it's slowed in activity to the north of Salisbury? hasn't sounded anywhere near as frequent....

Edited by Rob Walker

Posted

Some stunning cloudscapes earlier today, suspect the main storm just approaching may skim to the West of us, can hear the rumbles and did see a flash just a minute ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Yikes - flashes and bangs here, now the rain!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Michellelovescats said:

why wasnt there warnings out for down south?  sites have warnings for north/north west rain but nothing for down our way

I'll take that as a good sign for MBY. After a mostly clear, hazy morning, there's plenty of Ac Cas over Manchester now.

Posted

About to go out for a run in a quite humid and muggy Motherwell.  Forecast has us getting some interesting stuff this evening and overnight.  Worth getting the camera at the ready?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Ian Fergusson ‏@fergieweather  7m

W COUNTRY RADAR 1250BST After current storms depart, we'll be watching further developments from France, moving N:

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Lightning very close and torrential rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

Claps of thunder starting again here in Weston, wind seems to have picked up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Activity starting back up again in Clevedon, although no rain at the moment. Just lightning and thunder. Excellent! :D

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chris K said:

Ian Fergusson ‏@fergieweather  7m

W COUNTRY RADAR 1250BST After current storms depart, we'll be watching further developments from France, moving N:

Untitled.jpg

Yes does seem to have something more to give later in the day for parts of the west given its current track

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Holy sh"""!!!!

....parked up at services on the m5/m50 and the field adjacent just got struck by lightning....could literally feel the concussive blast of thunder!!?

• Like 9

Posted
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

Holy sh"""!!!!

....parked up at services on the m5/m50 and the field adjacent just got struck by lightning....could literally feel the concussive blast of thunder!!?

Wow! Yes it was VERY intense passing over Malvern, the rain's easing off now. Second most intense storm we've seen since living here the past 8 yrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

About to get hit by he main bulk of the  rain, and have had a couple of distant rumbles, one just closer now... very dark... but not then most active storm right now... maybe this is what will now grow this afternoon and hit the NW... 

Edit - Looks like we are in for a direct hit, some close strikes to the edge of town now on the live lightening page... netweather radar shows this coming over head.... sweet 

Edited by SalopWatcher
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well that was fun. Only a few really close strikes but as some have said, they were predominantly intra cloud. Some good thunder and quite heavy rain at times. Clearing up again now and can see the sunshine returning so hopefully something again later. More importantly - first thunderstorm here since May 27th!

• Like 1