Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

I'm currently staying on the west Isle of Wight, it's very warm and sticky, but the sun's only popped it's head out once earlier for a few minutes. Otherwise it's been wall to wall cloud :D

I'm just wondering where my sun booking is. I'm pretty sure I booked early, 2 weeks, SE England, September, All day sunshine. Yep. Now where's my order! :nonono:

Edited by stupotlee

Posted
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Oh OK, lets wish away dry, warm  (no rain days) in summer for a possible 1 day of warm weather in between the buckets of rain in November... LOL :wallbash:

Wasn't saying that, was just reminding you that the sometimes the weather gods smile on us. I am hoping that they smile on us or a couple more days yet as I am off camping this weekend coming with my daughter sunday to Tuesday :-) that is when I want heat and warmth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Bit disappointed today but we have been spoilt I hope we can punch some holes through the cloud in the next couple of days . One last hurrah of heat before my attention turns north and east in a couple of months .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Looks like your last hurrah will be a long one this September.

Yuk yuk yuk, it is horrible out there, I think today will be the worse day, 23c + puss and no sun, seriously humid out there.

It didn't go below 19c and its over 20c now.

Edited by seaside 60
  • Like 1

Posted

I am melting on the train that walk is a killer not a breath of wind. Must be close to 80% humidity.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
9 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Bit disappointed today but we have been spoilt I hope we can punch some holes through the cloud in the next couple of days . One last hurrah of heat before my attention turns north and east in a couple of months .

That's a good point you make about "hope we can punch some holes through the cloud". It's a rotten grey morning here at the mo, with heavy drizzle, high humidity and the temp already up to 20.3C. Looking at the Arpege Nebulosite (Cloudiness) Charts for the next few days it looks like we might have to wait until Thurs for a proper wall-to-wall sunny day; then Fri not too bad also, ahead of the next front coming in from the west.

Charts for Today, Wed, Thu & Fri at 15.00. Black is clear skies, through to white thick cloud:

Today Arpege Cloudiness Tue06Sep 15.00.png Wed Arpege Cloudiness Wed07Sep 15.00.png

Thurs  Arpege Cloudiness Thu08Sep 15.00.png Fri  Arpege Cloudiness Fri09Sep 15.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

That's a good point you make about "hope we can punch some holes through the cloud". It's a rotten grey morning here at the mo, with heavy drizzle, high humidity and the temp already up to 20.3C. Looking at the Arpege Nebulosite (Cloudiness) Charts for the next few days it looks like we might have to wait until Thurs for a proper wall-to-wall sunny day; then Fri not too bad also, ahead of the next front coming in from the west.

Charts for Today, Wed, Thu & Fri at 15.00. Black is clear skies, through to white thick cloud:

Today Arpege Cloudiness Tue06Sep 15.00.png Wed Arpege Cloudiness Wed07Sep 15.00.png

Thurs  Arpege Cloudiness Thu08Sep 15.00.png Fri  Arpege Cloudiness Fri09Sep 15.00.png

MO show SE/E winds picking up wed lunchtime ish so that will be when the clouds goes I think.

Also when it feels much nicer out.

They also dont show any rain here till at least next mon which seems strange on yesterdays forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
10 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

MO show SE/E winds picking up wed lunchtime ish so that will be when the clouds goes I think.

Also when it feels much nicer out.

They also dont show any rain here till at least next mon which seems strange on yesterdays forecasts.

Yes, drier air with a bit more of a breeze blowing will "turn over the cloud" as Carol on the Beeb says!. :)

I don't know what app you're looking at seaside, but both GFS and ECM show a band of rain spoiling this coming Saturday. Charts for 12 noon:

GFS GFS Precip Sat10Sep 12.00.png ECM ECM Precip Sat10Sep 12.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, drier air with a bit more of a breeze blowing will "turn over the cloud" as Carol on the Beeb says!. :)

I don't know what app you're looking at seaside, but both GFS and ECM show a band of rain spoiling this coming Saturday. Charts for 12 noon:

GFS GFS Precip Sat10Sep 12.00.png ECM ECM Precip Sat10Sep 12.00.png

Its not an app its the MO 7 dayer,  equally computer based not very good as the others.

I thought it would rain judging by comments from yesterday,  even if very little down here, strange why they showing no rain at all.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/u10t6ch7u#?fcTime=1473206400

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So that's 4 grey, gloomy days here now with about 10 minutes of sun in total. Tomorrow looks nice then the Atlantic rolls in again. After all that hype of summer coming back lol, dreadful!

Posted

Am beginning to get the feeling that summer is just going to keep going this September.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yuck yuck yuck!...horrible muggy weather and it isn't going anywhere just brief intervals of somewhat fresher weather, as said temps probably on the rise again late in the weekend. Reminds me somewhat of the revolting synoptics of last November/December. If I'd entered the CET comp for this month I would have gone for a big positive anomaly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

God, all the moans and groans over a bit of warm/muggy cloudy weather. At least it isn't raining and cold. 

If it isn't going to be warm with wall to wall sunshine, ill take this weather as second best. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

and 80% humidity...

Is there an Autumns moans thread set up? think I'll go there :)

Posted

Well 24c and humid as hell.

However the sun has been out for the last hour ish.

SO much for wall to wall cloud, yet again the weather makes fools of us all, lol.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

By earlier optimism is fading as soon after the cloud rolled back in and this is the current view from my window . Don't suppose it matters as preparing my performance review for work so couldn't go out in the sunshine even if it did come out.

image.jpeg

Posted

25c but as Mark mentions its clouded over now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
14 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Is it me or is it exceptionally warm tonite????? Mobile is saying 21

Last night did indeed feel very warm. I was sat in the garden around midnight and it was 18.6c with a DP of 18.2c. Very pleasant.

• Like 2