Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Starting the day with a band of showers.

10c again and little wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Back from my few days in Wales and it's grey and showery here in Suffolk. Currently 11C and almost calm.

As hoped, there was a fair amount of sunshine over there in the west of the UK so I enjoyed visiting some of the regular haunts from my childhood. Here's Barry Island beach on Monday with a wonderful sky and view across the Bristol Channel towards Somerset. No sign of Gavin & Stacey though! :)

Barry Island Oct 2016.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Welcome , I love the name I think a lot of us are optimistic about this coming winter .

Thanks Mark. Yes hopefully I don't have to drive all the way to the lake district this winter to see proper snow :)

• Like 1

Posted

This morning hasn't been as pleasant as the past few days, we've still got the showery theme but even between them the sun isn't coming out like is has been :nonono:The rain is heavy at times and its finally starting to feel more autumnal.. Not sure what i think of the weather at this time of the year now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

No rain at the moment here, didn't feel too cold this morning either. At the moment the front and back door are open, there's quite a breeze but i'm sitting in a t-shirt and not feeling over cold although i am thinking about getting a cardie. Cloudy here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a nice morning here with sunny spells and felt warm in the sun. Lots of showers now and grey skies, sadly. Plus the wind is back up, no surprise there lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I actually lied. It did rain and it rainth on the Sky mans head putting our new receiver on the house. That was the sudden breeze and coolness. Sorry man from sky:closedeyes: 

Afternoon squad,

Been on the road a lot today all over the place from Sutton to Bicester this morning we drove through some nutty weather on the motorway crazy rain and some pretty large hail sounded like stones being chucked at the van.

Then sunshine and warm slight breeze, then back to showers again! 

Looks like it is about to come down again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite a lot of cloud today, mostly just shower debris and mid-level cloud, there was a little sunshine and a few light showers.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Nice Thames streamer at the moment, pumping a long string of heavy showers in from the estuary - if only this were mid-Jan instead of mid-Oct!

Edited by osmposm
  • Like 2

Posted

Rained so heavy here it woke me and my 8 month old up at 4am. No idea how much fell but I wouldn't be surprised jf there were some closed roads locally.

Edited by Spikey M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Dreadful earlier this morning - grey, windy, outbreaks of rain and a chilly 9C. A quick check of the satellite shows some clearer skies should hopefully move in for most of us as the day progresses. First signs of brightness here, but looks like the sun is already out in Kent and Surrey. :good:

Cloudy 08.30 Cloud Thur 13Oct 08.30.jpg Clearance heading in 11.10 Cloud Thur 13Oct 11.10.jpg

Edit: 12.00 brighter weather incoming :)Thur 13Oct.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Was already most sunny here this morning, 7:30 may be earlier. Had a dry night here I think. Plenty of convective clouds about but no convection as of yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Rained all morning and that east wind has a bit of a bite to it, despite the sun now making an appearance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep that east wind is very brrrr, and quite strong too.

Room is facing east and it's colder indoors than out:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dry and cloudy up here today, okay I have had enough of this easterly now :p

Posted

Chilly ENE wind blowing through there has been some quite pokey showers feeding through here, in the last 24 hours if only it was a little later in the year, I think November could be interesting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

not a bad start here today. 

Would be quite anxious currently if I was in Corsica at the moment though. Looks like a severe bow echo front is about to batter it! Saw some incredible lightning on a webcam in Marseille in the early hours of this morning too. 

The estofex forecast down there warns of deadly flash flooding, so would not be surprised to see some of this on the news or weather reports. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
15 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Dry and cloudy up here today, okay I have had enough of this easterly now :p

That's good cause it goes tomorrow, we get some warmer southerlies.