Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
3 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Epic storm with tonnes of rain for over an hour now, couple of overhead strikes =wow!! Proper flat-shakers!

Can't sleep now, though!!

Friends in nearby Flackwell Heath say their parents have lost power.

Yes it's been pretty loud. Quieter now but I too can't sleep lol. ... lost power? So Blackwell heath is close by? I wonder how much rain will fall in these next couple of hours?

Posted
8 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Yes it's been pretty loud. Quieter now but I too can't sleep lol. ... lost power? So Blackwell heath is close by? I wonder how much rain will fall in these next couple of hours?

Yes, it's a couple of miles south-west of Wycombe and a miles or so west of me. Judging by Facebook - all of Flackwell is awake!! I just popped outside - rain still falling and the A40 has a LOT of surface water, cars look like they have just come down a log flume.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Now it's raining heavy:doh:

Feel free to send it this way. I need all the rain I can get.....it's been too dry too long now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nothing here at the moment, but at least the murk has cleared, typically around 6 hours later than forecast. I will have to see how the cold front interacts with all this instability over the region. There could be some storm or it could be a bust for northern areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Pi**ing down with the odd rumble of thunder and cloud base lighting! Poor attempt at a thunderstorm - usual affair for the UK.

looking forward to having the sun and dry weather back tomorrow, this laughable attempt at a thunderstorm can do one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I must say that the drizzle is a bit later than I expected. Still, nice and grey outside - gorgeous! *sarcastic mode off" 

Posted

i can see it on the radar   nothing  here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

So the big totals of rain are just a smidge further WNW than progged into the NW of our region - but the fat lady isnt singing yet..

Blimey Steve have you been up all night?. Big flash and bang to start the morning here just now. Glad the storms kept just a few miles away so no massive bolts but had lots of flashing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
36 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Pi**ing down with the odd rumble of thunder and cloud base lighting! Poor attempt at a thunderstorm - usual affair for the UK.

looking forward to having the sun and dry weather back tomorrow, this laughable attempt at a thunderstorm can do one. 

Forecast has changed with that Ben it looks like the front will track back west tomorrow leaving a dull damp day with sporadic rain. It must be the weekend

Posted

Heavens. there's a finger of light drizzle starting to extend NE towards Norfolk/Suffolk. I can barely contain my excitement. And light rain to the east of Norwich too!

Posted

Storms seem to have gotten stuck there.. wasn't a lot of western movement on them to begin with and now the Atlantic cold front is struggling to shift them back east? I know that's a bit of a basic view of how things looked to pan out and they were always going to be prolonged in the central southern area, but other than a splash or two of rain overnight theres not been much to speak of here.. on the radar that's certainly not true 100 miles west!

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Forecast has changed with that Ben it looks like the front will track back west tomorrow leaving a dull damp day with sporadic rain. It must be the weekend

Oh lovely! 

So we have today - pouring rain with the odd clap of thunder

then tomorrow a damp grey day!

Still... at least people get their 'much needed rain'..... pfft 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Oh lovely! 

So we have today - pouring rain with the odd clap of thunder

then tomorrow a damp grey day!

Still... at least people get their 'much needed rain'..... pfft 

I suggest you move abroad as you'll never be satisfied living in this country with its varied weather...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Untitled.png
Nice
of the rain to hook right around Cambridge....d'oh! :wallbash: Not a drop here as of yet....hopefully it'll get a shift on and hit us later.

Posted

Morning all,

Nice and quiet here in Southend, I see we had some rain overnight, the temparature did not drop below 18 last night and its now back up to 20 again..

cheers

FC

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bogman said:

I suggest you move abroad as you'll never be satisfied living in this country with its varied weather...........

Believe me if I could I would. 

Somewhere like Toronto - hot summers and freezing winters = proper seasons!

Never enjoyed our 'varied' climate as it's a boring Atlantic varied. 

Enjoy the rain today! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Poor forecast in my opinion, at this time (8am) according to last nights forecast it should be hammering it down here!...absolutely diddly squat.

• Like 1

Posted

A lot of rain here this morning... no thunder now. Flood warning up for hughenden stream.... it's very wet here ... lovely and fresh today, a welcome relief :)

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Poor forecast in my opinion, at this time (8am) according to last nights forecast it should be hammering it down here!...absolutely diddly squat.

Stand by, there's an area of very light drizzle on it's way :rofl: