Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

there  must  be  bad  weather at heath row  at  the  moment  on my plane tracker  app they stacking  then now  over the  north  sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

I can see the thundery clouds approaching from the east ... bye bye long hot summer, you will be missed

Yes fond memories of this summer lots of useful weather . Now what I want and I'm sure a few others is a nice cold winter with tons of snow to boot especially on Xmas day . You never know we might get another good spell of weather before Autumn really kicks in and the damn jet gets in to full swing. We need the rain though but we will probably get enough of that overnight and tmrw in the form of storms . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Love the fact these heavy showers are very localised. Been able to sit in the garden and have dinner tonight, just come inside now due to the dark descending. Beautiful warm evening. Don't get any better than this in mid September 

Looks like Hertfordshire is going to stay dry & miss any showers - excellent stuff. I've got 6 months of wind and rain to look forward to!

Later tonight into tomorrow morning looks rather soggy though :( 

Posted

First sign of some convective activity here with something brewing the UFO got in the way of the picture.

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Still looking east into the continent - the storms slowly moving our way-

image.png

s

Think it will be north of here slightly :(, still just had a little rain, with more incoming a some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Wish that North Sea crud would just bugger off and do one. Everytime there's a decent storm setup, I'm obstructed from observing anything useful!! Need the wind direction to change. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, all I can see from here, is a wonderful full(?) moon...I just hope that my prickly heat (if that's what it is?) disappears along with the current sweat-fest!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, all I can see from here, is a wonderful full(?) moon...I just hope that my prickly heat (if that's what it is?) disappears along with the current sweat-fest!:)

Not sure, but think full moon is tomorrow, remember reading about partial eclipse, from earth's shadow maybe?? Anyway, it's all I can see too. And doesn't seem any cooler to me yet! Where can I find local temps please? Thanks

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Amber warning now issued for North Surrey into London down towards IOW I'm smack bang in the middle of it...

Like I said the other day, be careful what you wish for

Well I know we need the rain but we might end up with too much of the stuff falling in a short space of time.  :shok: 

Gets the adrenaline kicking.....

A cold front approaching moist, unstable air is expected to generate a line of exceptionally heavy, thundery rain. Possible sustained hourly rates of more than 30 mm could result in totals of more than 100 mm in 3-4 hours. Particularly in urban areas, this could lead to flooding of properties and businesses and major disruption to transport.

image.png

• Like 3

Posted

Well that's about right going to Southampton tmrw taking the kids out as last chance before little one starts school full time . Looks like wellies and rain coat needed . Something my wife and me don't have . A couple of bin bags will do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms and Blizzards.

All I have to do tomorrow can be taken care of whatever, I am really looking forward to some Armageddon style conditions.

Bring it on why don't you?

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
18 minutes ago, Changing Skies. said:

A cold front approaching moist, unstable air is expected to generate a line of exceptionally heavy, thundery rain. Possible sustained hourly rates of more than 30 mm could result in totals of more than 100 mm in 3-4 hours. Particularly in urban areas, this could lead to flooding of properties and businesses and major disruption to transport.

image.png

100mm is a truly incredible amount of rain to fall in such a short period.  I love extreme weather but this would undoubtedly create massively dangerous conditions over highly populated areas.  Really hope this doesn't come off.

Posted

Chill man, this planet is way way overpopulated.

I live on a hill and I own a powerboat.

:yahoo:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This evening's Met Off Fax Chart issued at 19.00 shows the set-up this evening.

Cold Front still out West but moving towards us; trough line giving tonight's storms; and the warm (cold) front creeping up across the Channel from the Continent. This little lot effectively merge over our Region overnight and into tomorrow morning to give some localised very heavy rain and widespread lightning for our Region by the end of the night. It could be an interesting 18 hours of weather!

Fax Chart for 18.00 Thurs Met Off Fax Chart Thur15Sep 18.00.jpg

Met Off forecast this evening for Fri 05.00 Met Off Forecast on Thur evening.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
10 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

This evening's Met Off Fax Chart issued at 19.00 shows the set-up this evening.

Cold Front still out West but moving towards us; trough line giving tonight's storms; and the warm (cold) front creeping up across the Channel from the Continent. This little lot effectively merge over our Region overnight and into tomorrow morning to give some localised very heavy rain and widespread lightning for our Region by the end of the night. It could be an interesting 18 hours of weather!

That could be an understatement!  Temperature still at 21c and feeling very muggy, plenty of fuel around for any storms that get here.  Could be a very loud night in store?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

If only we could have summers like this more often 3months of heat and sunshine followed by 3months worth of rain in one night LOL

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted

Knowing my luck, this will be another weather non event. Perhaps the meteorological equivalent of Brexit,

The Belgium's look to be getting a good pasting tonight.

:wallbash: