Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Breached 30c here, still milky high cloud around, spots like Heathrow where it's clearer are really getting the furnace heat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Is it just me or have the MetO been seriously underestimating the top temperatures in the last few heatwaves...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Cloud from the west spoiling the sun in South Herts now.

30.5C when I popped out at lunch (According to car)... Amazing for Mid September

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yeah well it's lovely and hot out, warm wind if you like that kind of thing, little bit of cloud.

Then I peaked at the radar. seriously i'm going to BAN myself from looking at them. All this heat here and not even a peep of a storm here. C'mon I missed the last beauts. 

Can't the forecast be a little bit out just this once?

It appears not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

High of 28.9 here so far, what's the UK high right now? I'm guessing around 33 maybe.

Got some ac cas moving in now, doubt it will do anything mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Peaked at 32C here, has dropped a touch as the wind moved more westerly? Odd.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

33c now in Hither green.33.0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
7 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Gravesend now reporting 34.4C. Just crazy.

Now the hottest day of the year!! Wow

Posted

I'm a bit gutted. It was 29.9C in my garden and it clouded over! By the time it cleared I'd lost over an hour of warming! Now it's 27.2C...

Edited by March

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, March said:

I'm a bit gutted. It was 29.9C in my garden and it clouded over! By the time it cleared I'd lost over an hour of warming! Now it's 27.2C...

That happened here, but it has since recovered and then some, high now 29.4 not sure if it will get higher, hotest day of the year here. 

Posted

not long after we hit 30.2 degrees, at 12:30 here in Southend the sky cleared enough for the sun to appear, but interestingly the temp dropped to 28.4, it has now crept back to 29.5 and seems to be stuck there.

What a great day..  strange to think autumn is knocking on the door

FC

Posted

Can you imagine how hot temps could have been if this weather had come in early August?  The temp recorded at Gravesend given we're towards the middle of September is amazing.

I'll be glad to see the back of this heat and humidity which has been crazy down here.

• Like 1

Wall to wall sunshine today all day then some hazy stuff around 1-2 which has now cleared and back to sun, very very hot today out on site near Heathrow.

I'm not complaining far from it! At last we have had a true summer and it is going out with a real bang! Another 2 days of this then we begin the cool down. Although still staying pleasant by the looks of it.. For now

I must admit though, I'm looking forward to a proper winter storm (although we have to be careful what we wish for)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Wall to wall sunshine today all day then some hazy stuff around 1-2 which has now cleared and back to sun, very very hot today out on site near Heathrow.

I'm not complaining far from it! At last we have had a true summer and it is going out with a real bang! Another 2 days of this then we begin the cool down. Although still staying pleasant by the looks of it.. For now

I must admit though, I'm looking forward to a proper winter storm (although we have to be careful what we wish for)

My walls are sunny too, 33c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not sure it will be as warm tomorrow wind has been SE all day, but is now easterly.

Good direction for snow flurries:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lots of hazy sunshine here all day with just a gentle south easterly wind. A high of 32C making it the hottest day of the year for my location. That really is something considering 31C was recorded in both July and August.

Looks good for tomorrow and Thursday

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?13-18   arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?13-18

32C possible across parts of East Anglia tomorrow, the south looks a little cooler suggesting the risk of some showers as well as some slightly cooler 850s. Thursday looks very warm to hot everywhere with a high of 31C possibly in London but widely 28-30C elsewhere.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Question @Captain Shortwave r we due any storms this week???

We might get a few showers on Friday as the front pushes eastwards, there might also be the chance of something drifting north from France that could affect southern counties. But I would count the risk of both as pretty low as there seems to be a fair amounts of capping on the atmosphere and the front on Friday might just fizzle out into nothing which seems to have been  a common occurrence over the past couple of months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

In tribute to the fact that Roald Dahl would have been 100 this month, and today's temps have broken a 100 year record for September, I would like to describe today in his own gobblefunk language - it's been absolutely whoopsy-flunkers.... positively phizz-whizzing!!

And to top it all, the day ended in a beautiful sunset here. :)

Sunset Tue13Sep2016.jpg

• Like 4