Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A new season and a new thread. We finally will see the slow demise of the warmth and sunshine that dominated the summer months down here, slowly to be replaced by wetter, windier and colder weather eventually.

For now however it looks like conditions will remain mostly dry and warm with the possibility of temperatures rising next week again.

Usual rules apply, well lets try to keep the posts kind of weather related at least. :D

Old thread

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Lovely warm days, been busy buying an outfit for a wedding we are going too, found a nice dress, but selection of clothes everywhere was awful, couldn't even moan there was loads of stuff i liked but not in my size. Awful. And there was no jumpers either. Oh my word the patterns on some of it hurt my eyes. Awful muck.:ninja: Had to shop online and get a new coat and shoes because it was needed. 

There is a thunderstorm symbol on my chart for tomorrow, I think that's a mistake but rain for bubs' birthday on saturday :(

wooty 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Summer rolls on till middle of the Month, splendid! Then a quick cool down and snow by the end of Autumn, see you then.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
55 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Summer rolls on till middle of the Month, splendid! Then a quick cool down and snow by the end of Autumn, see you then.

Aye KB. See you in April!:oops:

• Like 1

Certainly looks like after we get past a showery and iffy weekend, next week is hotting up again drawing warm moist air up from the med.

That lasts till Friday according to the 06z GFS then something interesting happens which is all to play for, but, if it pulls of with the massive high over Europe and huge low pressure out west pushing into the high, it's a case of which one will win! Warm and dry or cool and wet?

Next week's "plume" would be the 3Rd or 4th this summer!!!! Spectacular 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Bit of a dull old day here and (yet again) another cold front passes with nothing more than a few spits and spots of rain. On the plus side, it still reached a very pleasant 22C.

The 'unsettled' weekend on the way isn't looking too bad actually. At first glance the Met Office Fax Chart for tomorrow (Sat) would leave you thinking we'd get a soaking, with a real spaghetti of fronts over the UK (in fact a real tangle of fronts over much of our side of the Northern Hemisphere):

Fax Chart Sat 12.00 Met Off Fax Chart on Fri for Sat03Sep 12.00.jpg

But for us, the Arpege precipitation chart shows the worst of the rain coming through on Saturday evening, so not spoiling the day:

Arpege Precip Sat 21.00 Arpege Precip Sat03Sep 21.00.png

And GFS high res suggests that for many in the Region, the rainfall will only be a piffling 2 - 4mm, with the max restricted to the far north of Norfolk at 13mm.

GFS Accumm Precip to Sun 23.00 GFS Fri for Accum Rain to Sun04Sep 23.00.png

And temps not looking too bad either, reaching 20 - 21C for most GFS Max Temp Sat03Sep 17.00.GIF

So this weekend very much a minor blip, with the prospect of more warm and settled weather soon returning for next week. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not much to say about today, after some early rain it was dry and mainly cloudy. It was however still a fairly warm day. A high of 21C.

Posted

Reached 21C here too. Back in June when we were having a few iffy days I worried we'd fail to register 90 days of above 20C max, but now it's looking good for 100.

Posted

A sunny start here, I don't think it will last that long though unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh err!! :oops: What happened with Arpege's thoughts on timing with the rain? Here's the chart I posted last evening that was meant to be 21.00 tonight. And in comparison, the Rainfall Radar at 14.10 this afternoon. They look virtually identical. So is Arpege 7 hours out or did I drop a clanger and miss that there was a band of rain due this afternoon as well as again this evening?

Fri Arpege for 21.00 tonight Arpege Precip Sat03Sep 21.00.png Radar 14.10 Radar Sat03Sep 14.10.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Clouded over here now, and the wind is rising.

Same here, clouded over after a sunny start, but still 20C...................and we had some rain overnight :yahoo:

Garden smells wonderful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Oh err!! :oops: What happened with Arpege's thoughts on timing with the rain? Here's the chart I posted last evening that was meant to be 21.00 tonight. And in comparison, the Rainfall Radar at 14.10 this afternoon. They look virtually identical. So is Arpege 7 hours out or did I drop a clanger and miss that there was a band of rain due this afternoon as well as again this evening?

Fri Arpege for 21.00 tonight Arpege Precip Sat03Sep 21.00.png Radar 14.10 Radar Sat03Sep 14.10.jpg

Well no rain has been through here as yet, not even that light blue bit. Was just cloud here. I'm wondering what that heavy stuff to the west will have left when it get's here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
19 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

And GFS high res suggests that for many in the Region, the rainfall will only be a piffling 2 - 4mm, with the max restricted to the far north of Norfolk at 13mm.

GFS Accumm Precip to Sun 23.00 GFS Fri for Accum Rain to Sun04Sep 23.00.png

It just goes to show you how bad those accumulation maps can be, i've had over double what that map shows in the last 45 minutes. It absolutely hammered down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I've now got lot's of unstable ac cas cloud moving west to east, normally see them moving from the south to north, normally on a NNE axis. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Ed Stone said:

It's been pouring down, here, JJ1...

Still sort of raining here:D Been sort of at it since noon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Completely naf afternoon here in Hertfordshire. Cloudy, cool, dark and it's been raining since 1pm. 

To think that some folk have been wishing for this weather during the fine spells of August all because of a bit of yellow grass and not being bothered to use a watering can, to give their flowers a drink = each to their own! 

Clearly 6 months of cold rain and dark isn't enough. 

Thank god the sun is back tomorrow - temps up in the low 20's