Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussions 12z 01/09/2016

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Ecm...is rock solid on its evolution at present.....

Lets see where she ends!!??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Old skool November on the cards, and i love it !! (Doesn't mean snow, but it means cold foggy and frosty )..

PS If ecm has the right handle, and i'm not sure we will know until maybe the 00z runs tomorrow ;)

you say doesn't mean snow but once (reasonably) cold air is in place and another slider / undercutter comes then something could fall from the sky and on the Eastern flank, guess what it could be!!!!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Cold all next week according to the Ecm 12z with widespread frosts and crisp days, even some wintry showers in the east..and its still autumn:santa-emoji: No mild!:drunk:

216_mslp850uk.png

216_mslp850.png

216_mslp500.png

240_mslp500.png

240_mslp850uk.png

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

TBH, with SSTs currently being what they are, and irrespective of whatever the 'BOOM!' runs might suggest, any snowfall next-week will be confined to high ground away from the coast...Bog standard November weather, if you ask me...:oops:

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

you say doesn't mean snow but once (reasonably) cold air is in place and another slider / undercutter comes then something could fall from the sky and on the Eastern flank, guess what it could be!!!!

Lets get the correct evolution first and then think anout the white stuff, hope knocker didn't actually go and deliver sidney the 'good news' the other day when it looked like an Atlantic victory ....:D

• Like 2

Posted

Is this similar to the slack low Ian F was mentioning I wonder - looks cold with lots of potential moving forward.

IMG_3420.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

That's one hell of an ending if longevity of holding out the Atlantic and increasing cold potential is what you're after. Take a bow ECM :hi:

WAA nice into Greenland as well

IMG_3533.PNG

IMG_3535.PNG

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

TBH, with SSTs currently being what they are, and irrespective of whatever the 'BOOM!' runs might suggest, any snowfall next-week will be confined to high ground away from the coast...Bog standard November weather, if you ask me...:oops:

Sounds about right to me :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
21 minutes ago, fergieweather said:

It'll be fascinating to see if this ultimately goes the recent GloSea route (slack low established across UK into mid-month)...

Did you forget to finish your sentence there Fergie?

(slack low and Easterly flow established across UK into mid-month) :p

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Lol - Icing on the cake ?

IMG_8971.PNG

The thing to note about that chart is the PV, theres going to come a tipping point (a good way off just yet admittedly) when if the PV is still in that state and the stratosphere forecasts look favourable then we may have to evaluate our targets and think more about at least a 09-10 or 95-96 winter or even dare I say it 62-63.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Ends as good as it starts.

Yes its no major cold.

However on the face of things its as far from mild as anything. 

Plus the expansion of upper thermos (850hpa..have plenty of scope for change for our part in coming days.ie colder pooling making in roads in future outputs! 

ECM0-240.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Yes Pete it's looking more wintry than anything we saw last November and December for that matter..bog standard indeed:rofl:

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But the bigger picture, i.e. NH profile, most certainly not Bog standard November 

• Like 3

Posted

Certainly look like the cool/cold feeling weather could well last longer than first thought, the Atantic does make an impact but on this run, the projected height rises to the NE plays a part in this run.

Its ashame its only November and not further ahead into winter because for all the nice looking charts, as Ed says, snowfall does look limited(although I would not fully rule out any wintriness in any showers come Sunday night into Monday) although at least the weather will feel like Autumn. Monday night into Tuesday at the moment has the potential to be the coldest night of the season so far but if the Atlantic does edge in like on this ECM run, I do feel it will be more of the dull and cold type that we could see for the middle part of next week but of course its way too early to say without any full certainty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Ed, that's why I don't mind if these charts fail! very selfish of me I know, but for my location it's too early for snow, kinda hoping GFS is right, I wanna see cold setups 4 weeks from now

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

But the bigger picture, i.e. NH profile, most certainly not Bog standard November 

And if the NH profile keeps up, we certainly wont be looking at a bog standard December, more chance of 2010 if we enter it with the current NH charts.

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Ed, that's why I don't mind if these charts fail! very selfish of me I know, but for my location it's too early for snow, kinda hoping GFS is right, I wanna see cold setups 4 weeks from now

I understand that. But surely it must be better going into winter with a blocked setup and pressure on the vortex then a Atlantic driven pattern ? 

• Like 6