Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussions 12z 01/09/2016

phil nw.

Posted

Another good GFS mean in FI, NH PV weakest in the Greenland area which is exactly what we need for chances of cold further down the line.

IMG_3259.PNG

Lets see if today's EC monthly supports this !!

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

You can see the models struggling to deal with the affect of the next tropical storm moving north up the coast of America and how this interacts with the Atlantic and which route it takes is vital, if it moves north and joins with the weak vortex segment just west of Greenland it could pull the vortex northwest toward Canada opening the door for the mid Lat high to move north sending WAA into the pole really promoting a strong -NAO signature, however if it doesn't reach southern Greenland and comes straight over the Atlantic then it means a more zonal spell of weather for us, although stil not particularly wet just a more flat approach. Even then think once that tropical storm clears we will move toward a more northerly spell because the vortex still seems vacant from Greenland this year.

image.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

ECM shows it turning a good deal milder for a time next week before a cool down again at the end of the month as we pick up an NW'ly flow - warming up for the majority of western Europe too

Recm1442.gifRecm1682.gifRecm1922.gifRecm2162.gifRecm2402.gif

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The NHC  are less keen on potential development of the low in the Bahamas today before it merges with a cold front, so perhaps it won't act as a catalyst to the jet as was  suggested yesterday? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

You just can't believe how quiet the Atlantic is! Such a complete lack of low pressure activity heading for the UK it's crazy. Could this finally be the building blocks of something special - everyone would be so gutted if everything flipped to wet and windy after the most promising start for ages!

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

You just can't believe how quiet the Atlantic is! Such a complete lack of low pressure activity heading for the UK it's crazy. Could this finally be the building blocks of something special - everyone would be so gutted if everything flipped to wet and windy after the most promising start for ages!

Really agree! The models showing cyclonic systems just walking across the Atlantic with no enthusiasm really. ENSO could be behind it so we shouldn't have a sudden surge as to last years Super El Niño:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
18 minutes ago, weirpig said:

will at 198h  on Gfs the high still in control  and heights going into the pole.

gf.png

Gets very interesting deep in FI

gfsnh-0-300.png?6

• Like 3

Posted

youve got to love the gfs ,  Well  if this happens  ill be very happy  atlantic  what atlantic!  what a different position we are in to this time last year.

gfss.png

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Either way, looking at the GEFS extended ens, whether blocked or not, they nearly all look fairly chilly, so definitely no chance of the searing heat endured during recent Novembers.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Gets very interesting deep in FI

gfsnh-0-300.png?6

That would cool things down lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Much better charts so far today, albeit the good ones are beyond the period you'd class as probable!! I feel they could keep getting better, and I'm still going for an unusually cold bonfire night. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, bobbydog said:

I know it's the far reaches of the GFS but it puts forward the strange suggestion that on bonfire night, some of us could be witness to an unusual phenomenon... Snow...

prectypeuktopo.png

I'm not getting excited yet but I did allow myself to raise an eyebrow....

That would be a bit of fun. There was some wet snow around on the morning of November 04th 2012 but unfortunately I was living abroad then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

GFS 12z FI

A glancing blow...

gfsnh-0-312.png?12

Followed by trigger cocked for the coup de grace

gfsnh-0-384.png?12

Dare I say, "potential"?

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
3 minutes ago, Mucka said:

GFS 12z FI

A glancing blow...

gfsnh-0-312.png?12

Followed by trigger cocked for the coup de grace

gfsnh-0-384.png?12

Dare I say, "potential"?

At time frame just pure fantasy tomorrows run may show record temperatures instead.

• Like 1