Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussions 12z 01/09/2016

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
26 minutes ago, sundog said:

Funny isn't it ,those egging on the Azores high now,but in a few weeks time they will be cursing the bloody thing lol. 

I'm egging it on...for now:D

21_336_500mb.png

1_264_500mb.png

3_312_500mb.png

8_336_500mb.png

12_336_500mb.png

13_336_500mb.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

If we could keep chit-chat/personal preferences to the Summer thread please, Thanks.

• Like 4

Posted

Just to confirm the EPS is looking at Tuesday to be the 'hot' day and currently looking at 30-32C. There after it is downhill, or uphill, and very soon we are back in familiar territory with LP to the NW and HP to the SW and the detail depending on the phasing of the different air-masses with the usual N/S spit favouring the latter.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_natl_11.pngecm_eps_t850a_5d_natl_11.png

Posted

Good support from the Ecm 12z ens mean for another plume with increasingly hot and humid weather being imported from southern Europe during the first half of next week, especially tues / wed with temps soaring well into the 80's F across the south with plenty of hot sunshine and then a thundery breakdown but it would be a noteworthy achievement for mid september if parts of the south reach 90F next week..fingers crossed

Reem962.gif

Reem1202.gif

Reem1442.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days and balmy evenings.
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Not bad for September 

ukmaxtemp.png

Another scorching Tuesday. If only it was a Saturday....

• Like 3

Posted

Today

Two features. First the intense low north of Scotland moves quickly away leaving blustery showers over Scotland and easing fiendish sea conditions. Second a slow moving front crossing England will be slow to clear so probably the better weather the further west you are.

ens_mean1hrprecip_43.pngens_max1hrprecip_22.pngens_max2mtemp_22.png

The GFS this morning . The upper trough duly deconstructs early next week facilitating the formation of a slack,unstable low pressure surface feature that is centred just to the SW by 1800z Tuesday.

gfs_z500a_natl_17.pnggfs_6hr_precip_eur3_16.png

This low pressure then loiters with intent, deepening and slowly moving north during the week, possibly bringing some quite stormy conditions to the western half of the UK and even wider afield, with perhaps some significant localised rainfall. After a 'hot' day on Tuesday when temps could reach 32C in places cooler air is quickly introduce on Wednesday as the system develops and are back to average by Thursday.

As the LP moves away to the NE, then into the North Sea there is brief ridging from the Azores before the next system tracks in from the west by Sunday.

There are of course a number of provisos with this The timing of the introduction of the cooler air is rather dependent on the movement of the low and associated fronts.

gfs_6hr_precip_eur3_26.pnggfs_6hr_precip_eur3_35.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Today

Two features. First the intense low north of Scotland moves quickly away leaving blustery showers over Scotland and easing fiendish sea conditions. Second a slow moving front crossing England will be slow to clear so probably the better weather the further west you are.

ens_mean1hrprecip_43.pngens_max1hrprecip_22.pngens_max2mtemp_22.png

The GFS this morning . The upper trough duly deconstructs early next week facilitating the formation of a slack,unstable low pressure surface feature that is centred just to the SW by 1800z Tuesday.

gfs_z500a_natl_17.pnggfs_6hr_precip_eur3_16.png

This low pressure then loiters with intent, deepening and slowly moving north during the week, possibly bringing some quite stormy conditions to the western half of the UK and even wider afield, with perhaps some significant localised rainfall. After a 'hot' day on Tuesday when temps could reach 32C in places cooler air is quickly introduce on Wednesday as the system develops and are back to average by Thursday.

As the LP moves away to the NE, then into the North Sea there is brief ridging from the Azores before the next system tracks in from the west by Sunday.

There are of course a number of provisos with this The timing of the introduction of the cooler air is rather dependent on the movement of the low and associated fronts.

gfs_6hr_precip_eur3_26.pnggfs_6hr_precip_eur3_35.png

Yep looking at my local met office forecast all this seems to tie in nicely with that , the hot day appears to be Tuesday and if the BEEB are to be take a face value more especially Eastern areas , it seems 3 fine days and a thunderstorms doesn't even apply here , looks like one fine afternoon then the weather goes to hell in a hand basket

• Like 2

Posted

Everything cool and autumnal is so far north on the ECM today! If this pattern keeps up last December won't be the only month to break records:laugh: Thursday onwards:shok::

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Matthew Wilson
  • Like 1

Posted

Yup the ecm has a different take on next week' It does run an  unstable perturbation up the west side of the UK on Tuesday but the main area of instability remains to the south.That is until the brief ridging from the SW declines on Friday when it tracks NE into the North Sea bringing some decidedly grotty wet and cool weather to the UK  for the weekend.

ecm_t850_uv_eur_8.png

Posted

The Ecm 00z prolongs next weeks heat so it's an upgrade, it looks more like high summer than early autumn, a real bonus spell of hot sunshine and increasing humidity with thunderstorms breaking out..perfick:D

48_mslp850.png

48_mslp850uk.png

72_mslp850.png

72_mslp850uk.png

96_mslp850.png

96_mslp850uk.png

96_thick.png

120_mslp850.png

120_mslp850uk.png

144_mslp850.png

144_mslp850uk.png

168_mslp850uk.png

perfick.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
24 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yup the ecm has a different take on next week' It does run an  unstable perturbation up the west side of the UK on Tuesday but the main area of instability remains to the south.That is until the brief ridging from the SW declines on Friday when it tracks NE into the North Sea bringing some decidedly grotty wet and cool weather to the UK  for the weekend.

ecm_t850_uv_eur_8.png

grotty,cool and wet are absolutely not the words i would be using to describe that ecm run in any shape or form..

I'd suggest in the main warm to very warm, and dry, with the chance of thundery weather at times..

Edited by Polar Maritime
To move discussion on..
  • Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

ecm_t850_uv_eur_8.png

Scarborough could be a bit drizzly:p

Posted
10 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Well i will have to bow to your superior knowledge because grotty,cool and wet are absolutely not the words i would be using to describe that ecm run, 

Nor would I as i specifically used them to describe next weekend. I would appreciate it if you didn't deliberately misquote me to make a point. And for the record I do not claim any superior knowledge.

And also for the record the ecm has two hot days, east of a line Yorkshire-Dorset on Tuesday and Weds

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, knocker said:

Nor would I as i specifically used them to describe next weekend. I would appreciate it if you didn't deliberately misquote me to make a point. And for the record I do not claim any superior knowledge.

I think it was the fact you neglected to mention the word warm or hot in your post, the Ecm 00z looks very summery for most of next week with temperatures well above average.:)

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, knocker said:

Karl is correct, anyway, lets move on, i dont wish to become embroiled in any silliness.

ECM looks in the main, very warm, esp across the SE, with temps close to 30, very noteworthy for mid Sep i would suggest !

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Karl is correcr, anyway, lets move on, i dont wish to become embroiled in any silliness.

ECM looks in the main, very warm, esp across the SE, with temps close to 30, very noteworthy for mid Sep i would suggest !

Nor do I but I dislike being deliberately misquoted. And oh dear a hanging offence because I didn't mention warm or hot whilst attempting to actually give an idea of the evolution which I actually find of interest even if you don't.

Edited by knocker

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Nor do I but I dislike being deliberately misquoted.

you wern't, and if there is anything else to discuss i really think it ought to be by PM, or we'll both get in trouble.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I think it was the fact you neglected to mention the word warm or hot in your post, the Ecm 00z looks very summery for most of next week with temperatures well above average.:)

Slight correction: looks very summery for most of next week for most of  England EXCEPT for the southwest basically. Unfortunately Much of Devon and Cornwall will be under the cold and wet bit. GFS & UKMO seem to be pretty much in agreement on this now. 

Posted

Just friendly model discussion please in here, Any issues please report or use the Pm facility. Thanks.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

And getting back on topic...

GFS shows 3 very warm to hot days next week with Tuesday the hottest nationwide

ukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.png

By Thursday it's a lot fresher with the highest temps starting to range from the mid to upper teens overtime

ukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.png

• Like 2

Posted

Temps reaching 31-33c 88-91F across parts of southern uk and  in mid September is absolutely stunning, and that is what the models are showing!:D:shok:Boom!

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

Temps reaching 31-33c 88-91F across parts of southern uk and  in mid September is absolutely stunning, and that is what the models are showing!:D:shok:Boom!

Yes looks hot across the south on tues,temps of 29 dropping down to 22 into the weekend in London, although that is the BBC app and they do tend to change quite abruptly esp the further one goes into FI :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Ok,can we have a show of hands the folk who DON'T find this model output interesting? Anybody with their hands up better have a think even if like myself are not a heat fan. I would agree with the stunning word which has been used is correct. Very unusual week coming up,much to keep even me interested!:)

Posted

The Net/Wx-SR take on next Tuesday.. Certainly a 'Hot' day widely for the UK and Cape sky high.

a.pngb.pngc.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7