Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Mode With Radar?

Tim

Posted

Hi,

Another UK weather site with it's premium package has a chase mode radar that works within your browser so that your location is tracked live with a dot showing your GPS position.

To my knowledge I can't see this option with Net Weather Extra, would it be possible to have this feature?

Tim

Edited by Tim

Posted

Hi Tim, yes that feature is in our dev planner currently. We already do the geo-locate, and have always done the tracking on the map for our storm chase teams, so it's just a case of us plugging the two together. It's in our current schedule so shouldn't be far off now. :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Geo-tracking is now live on the radar, along with one of two other updates - including a selection of new background maps :) 

Love the new additions. A small bug.. I can't seem to save the chosen colour scale on desktop or mobile, it'll always revert back to new.

Posted

I'm using the bog-standard Chrome on the mobile, and Chromium on the desktop. I tried Firefox and Edge, they both save the cookie. :sorry:

Posted

I've fixed it! 

I just removed the Netweather cookies and tried it. I'm guessing that the cookie I had stored, was just outdated?!

Hang on! There is a bug, and I think I know what is causing it..

To test it:

Clear your Netweather cookies, then refresh the page, save the traditional scale, then refresh (should be ok) then clock 'show scale' - It reverts straight to the NW New scale, click traditional and click save settings, then refresh, you'll see it just goes back to the new scale. It seems to be 'show scale' that is causing the issue.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul said:

This should be fixed now :D

I knew something wasn't quite right, but couldn't reproduce it to begin with lol

Glad it has been rectified though, good work on the quick fix! :)