Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer moans thread

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 minutes ago, B87 said:

It's lovely here today. A dry heat like yesterday so it doesn't feel that bad at all. It's an ideal day for going for a walk.

Not where I've been,sweltering in the offices,no breeze at all but that's down to the area I was in I suspect,will be very happy to get out of this. As for walking in it,can't think of anything worse!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, markyo said:

There are not enough English language words to describe how utterly vile Southwark London is today,meltingly hot,both buildings I've been to no aircon,never seen so many miserable faces.....including mine!

I can imagine. No aircon? Is it broken or not installed? Hot day here again, not sticky though with humidity approx 38-40%. Not much breeze so feels a bit hotter than yesterday.

Posted

Both sites I was at none installed,how they worked in there I have no idea,hats off to them. Was bit better when you got out but the thermal buildup caused by the buildings was a tad much.Do agree though not as sticky,felt less drenched when I got back to the car!!! (I made the usual strange noises with the car aircon on full before moving off though!). Would have been a perfect beach/pool day must admit or even a lazy back garden day!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

It's lovely here today. A dry heat like yesterday so it doesn't feel that bad at all. It's an ideal day for going for a walk.

If you want heatstroke maybe. It was 32.9C with a dewpoint of 15.5C at 16:00 near Heathrow. That's neither a dry heat nor conditions ideal for a walk!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yep wouldn't call this dry heat myself. You'll really notice the high dew points tonight, very sticky night to come once more.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Today was 26C and sunny which I'll take over 33-34C any day of the week.. lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

A station a short drive from me (Writtle) hit 33C earlier, standing or moving around in the hot sunshine was quite unbearable. I don't welcome heat like this but I'm not usually one to say that it's unbearable, but today it really was. Can't wait for it to sod off and cool down, and hopefully it will go out with a bang (although that never seems to happen).

• Like 2

Posted

Oh thank the Lord,the last day I'm in London,feels a lot closer today,very very uncomfortable,thankfully the north beckons with it's cool arms!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh thank the Lord,the last day I'm in London,feels a lot closer today,very very uncomfortable,thankfully the north beckons with it's cool arms!

17C up here :cold: like another world compared to darn sarf.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Pembrokeshire. 19 C, cloudy, light drizzle setting in - again.  Wondering when I will need to put a jumper on.  It's hard listening to folk complaining about 30 C and bright sunshine, but then I would probably complain too, if I was there and not here.  That's the trouble with me - I'm never happy.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's not that warm today but jee whizz it's muggy.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

17C up here :cold: like another world compared to darn sarf.

Eutopia here I come!! You can keep darn sarf where it should be,darn sarf!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
6 hours ago, Nick L said:

It's not that warm today but jee whizz it's muggy.

Tell me about it. Earlier a nearby station hit 28.3C with a dew point of 19.1C. I'm now sitting in my room at 26C with the fan blasting my face and the windows wide open (both of which are seemingly making no difference whatsoever), and the dew point outside is 18C. Horrific.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Tell me about it. Earlier a nearby station hit 28.3C with a dew point of 19.1C. I'm now sitting in my room at 26C with the fan blasting my face and the windows wide open (both of which are seemingly making no difference whatsoever), and the dew point outside is 18C. Horrific.

Lol, you are a bit of a drama queen, aren't you? Have a cold shower! Works wonders. Though I have to say, today felt very different to the last few days, very sticky and a little uncomfortable. Still 22C here so another warm night beckons.

Posted
19 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lol, you are a bit of a drama queen, aren't you? Have a cold shower! Works wonders. Though I have to say, today felt very different to the last few days, very sticky and a little uncomfortable. Still 22C here so another warm night beckons.

I actually take cold showers most days of the year (even in Winter) so my body has adapted to it. In weather like this it works temporarily but I soon warm up again.

I'm not one to moan too much about the weather (I enjoy basically every weather type that everybody else hates) but the weather at the moment is the most unpleasant I can remember for perhaps four years (Jersey, late July 2012 heatwave).

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wow a summer moaning thread . I thought It would be full of people moaning about no sun or the tempreture is only , from what I am reading the main driver for the moans are storms . I say this as I often post in the winter moaning thread because of the lack of snow  and the promises of it. Maybe some will get your storms in January by the way of thundersnow .

Posted
7 hours ago, Relativistic said:

I actually take cold showers most days of the year (even in Winter) so my body has adapted to it. In weather like this it works temporarily but I soon warm up again.

I'm not one to moan too much about the weather (I enjoy basically every weather type that everybody else hates) but the weather at the moment is the most unpleasant I can remember for perhaps four years (Jersey, late July 2012 heatwave).

Cooler this morning (relatively) as the cold front has passed through now. Should be more comfortable for you today, though certainly still warm. Seems to be humidity that many have issues with; yesterday was very sticky for sure. I've really enjoyed this month though, so nice to actually get a proper summer month. Beats grey skies and 17C no end.

Posted

Long,hard hot week,will be very happy to see the end to this weather,for me it's a pain literally. Can't wait for the fresher conditions to roll in. Don't get me wrong,holiday,beach weather just perfect,working weather in certain areas of uk,well shall we say unpleasant doesn't even come close. Makes life so much tougher.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm actually a little bit gutted. I was expecting today to be a nice day with temperatures reaching 22-23C, but it soon clouded over and the rain is marching northwards quickly and is much further north than GFS or NMM were forecasting. Tomorrow is looking disappointing too as that little pointless feature hangs around all day.

That will teach me to ever plan ahead in this country. At least Monday is still looking nice.. for now.. just a shame to see yet another weekend ruined by poorly forecast weather.

It's still warm at 21C, just wish the sun was out like yesterday.

Edited by cheese

Posted

First time i've moaned about how boring our weather is,next 8 to 10 days,nothing of any interest. Can't wait for the Autumn feel to become apparent,my favourite time of year by far.