Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer moans thread

Paul

Posted

If you fancy a moan-up about the weather this summer, be it too hot, too cold, too cloudy or whatever else, this is the thread!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Who's first lol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

It's a bit late for this thread now, just as summer is finally turning into summer!

• Like 1

Posted

Maybe Paul is anticipating all the moans about how hot it is and people not able to sleep etc etc...:D

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Me, I'll have a moan about it :smile: For me the summer (certainly around these parts) has been....shall I say.... inconsistent.  Its either been too cold, too hot, too wet or too windy for me.   The latter has really hacked me off....had to prop my beans up last night, take the hanging baskets down off the front before they blew away.  Thought the baskets around the back had some shelter....nope....came home from work tonight only to find one of the fucshia baskets destroyed, all broken bits on the floor.....the wind must have weakened the stems - lovely double pink flowers.  The consistent wind has also dried the garden up so much and now.......it's too dry!! :cray: Nice reasonable temps with regular rainfall every so often to water the garden.....and without that pesky wind would have been nice :D

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Me, I'll have a moan about it :smile: For me the summer (certainly around these parts) has been....shall I say.... inconsistent.  Its either been too cold, too hot, too wet or too windy for me.   The latter has really hacked me off....had to prop my beans up last night, take the hanging baskets down off the front before they blew away.  Thought the baskets around the back had some shelter....nope....came home from work tonight only to find one of the fucshia baskets destroyed, all broken bits on the floor.....the wind must have weakened the stems - lovely double pink flowers.  The consistent wind has also dried the garden up so much and now.......it's too dry!! :cray: Nice reasonable temps with regular rainfall every so often to water the garden.....and without that pesky wind would have been nice :D

Aw, sorry to hear that about your fushias. Bit heartbreaking after you put a lot of work into nurturing them. Gales in summer as as infuriating as cold and gloom, uneccessary. The wind really does dry the soil out, have seen that often on my allotments.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

this Wednesday 10th Aug looks an absolute shocker, vile NW'lys, cheshire Gap showers streaming in all day, cold and windy and will feel like November

but yes lassie, this thread for members north of Watford, SE on Wed 10th just look like having an average summer day, 21C, dry with light winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

this Wednesday 10th Aug looks an absolute shocker, vile NW'lys, cheshire Gap showers streaming in all day, cold and windy and will feel like November

but yes lassie, this thread for members north of Watford, SE on Wed 10th just look like having an average summer day, 21C, dry with light winds

Nope - London on Wednesday has temps of 20C forecast with cloudy skies which is 3-4C below average for them. It will be a rubbish day for everyone.

Here, 17C and cloudy looks likely, but dry with light winds. 

Edited by cheese

Posted

much like last year in the sense it has been mind-numbingly boring.

Last year had the brief july plume and the elevated storms.

This year had the brief july plume and no storms of any kind whatsoever for my location, making this year marginally worse

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yep, my only real moan about this summer is the total absence of thunderstorms here. A really poor year even by UK standards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

Yep, my only real moan about this summer is the total absence of thunderstorms here. A really poor year even by UK standards.

Yet I've had more TSs this year than in the last four-years put together...They're in different places every year; no two summers are ever same. Have I just segued into the upcoming winter thread?:)

Posted

Haven't had a single thunderstorm all year, and only one day with thunder audible. 

It really is a very poor show.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a few thunderstorms here earlier this summer, more than the last few put together, as Ed Stone said above. June was a convective month which was a bit of welcome interest in an otherwise vile month. Since then though...nothing apart from last night (some loud thunder here). Maybe next week?

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

We haven't had a significant overhead thunderstorm since August 2012 here now. There seems to be an unusual trend in recent years for all of the warm spells to have an easterly component to the wind (much like the one in July and the upcoming spell), which has two results. These are that the maxima have been lower here than further inland and the onshore breeze kills off any convection.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Actually Nick  here hasnt be to bad  a few eventful storms  better than average

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Actually Nick  here hasnt be to bad  a few eventful storms  better than average

I think I've had two rumbles, that's it. Just counting down the days until May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, cheese said:

Haven't had a single thunderstorm all year, and only one day with thunder audible

It really is a very poor show.

Maybe it's my hearing aids!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

No storms at all here in June or July. I'd be amazed if we get through the whole summer without a storm here in all three months - highly unusual. The year was ok up until the end of May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Another nice sunny day forecast... The reality is another day of grey cloudy gloom *sigh* ... It feel like its been this way since, well, November last year, I'm so fed up of grey gloom and nothingness now. :sorry:
I hear a lot of people moaning about last years summer, but from a totally IMBY perspective, last year as really quiet sunny, a pleasant cooling breeze, and a couple of good Spanish Plumes that went bang with avengeance !!

So can I put a request into the weather gods that Summer 2017 be a re-run of summer 2015 and NOT a repeat of this years still born effort? 

Posted

Tomorrow looks good, but Tuesday and Wednesday will be ruined by low cloud. I truly, truly, truly detest easterly winds in all forms. Absolutely nothing worse than waking up to a sheet of low cloud while the rest of the country is basking in sunshine. Others in eastern England can attest to how incredibly infuriating it is!

I think the best thing for me to do is to just stay away from weather forecasts and weather forums for a few days. I feel like punching my screen when situations like this unfold. All I want is a a sunny, warm day - but it looks like this month will transpire with just a handful.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Weekend curse truely back big style, whole country bar the south coast bathed in grot today despite 'sunny spells' forecast and of course as per usual the warm spells coming in the working week to be replaced by more grot and howling winds for next weekend.

I've lost count of how many sunless weekends there's been this year only to be followed by sunny Mondays!

Edited by conor123
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
7 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Weekend curse truely back big style, whole country bar the south coast bathed in grot today despite 'sunny spells' forecast and of course as per usual the warm spells coming in the working week to be replaced by more grot and howling winds for next weekend.

I've lost count of how many sunless weekends there's been this year only to be followed by sunny Mondays!

Morning Conor123, I'll take the howling winds as at least there's a chance that they could hopefully blow away this grey grotty gloom and at least give us a bit of sun :rolleyes:

Posted
1 minute ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning Conor123, I'll take the howling winds as at least there's a chance that they could hopefully blow away this grey grotty gloom and at least give us a bit of sun :rolleyes:

Haha never going to happen on a weekend :laugh: last weekend was actually decent here but it seems for every decent weekend the weather gods punish us with 20 grey ones.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, conor123 said:

Haha never going to happen on a weekend :laugh: last weekend was actually decent here but it seems for every decent weekend the weather gods punish us with 20 grey ones.

Hahahahahahaha... You're right there.:laugh:
I thought we were only meant to suffer like this in the depths of January/February. :cray: