Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How many years Have you Known About Ley Lines?

Snowyowl9

Posted

Not many for me as I discovered about ley lines(unlike crop circles which was 1990ish) just in 2011/12 the year of the revealing or the lifting of the veil as far as I found out big time as many other things.

https://quantumstones.com/ley-lines-key-unlocking-matrix/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

To be honest, I've 'known' about ley lines for many years...I've always had a sneaky feeling that anyone can draw a straight line between any two individual points, and claim it's a 'ley line'...I think that (notwithstanding non-Euclidean geometry) the entire concept is a 'load of cobblers'??

I suspect you may disagree?:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Aren't ley lines about the same level of credible as astrology?

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

Of course...Don't forget medium-ship and channelling?

Posted

It's a beautiful thing that the planet still has some mystery left in it. I have a bit of time to be really interested in significant phenomenon that science hasn't yet been able to rationalise. Maybe it never will. Many indigenous cultures understand these things by sensory perception skills that can't be tested by the scientific method.

• Like 2

Posted
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 19:10, Nick L said:

I had no interest in UFO`s before 2011 either,I was asleep as they say.

And astrology I certainly didn`t believe but now everything`s seems to of changed since the year mentioned,I look at everything differently.

This is probably music related but its Aes Dana - Leylines
Psychedelic Ambient Music,maybe just in name only but takes you to another place.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

The only polite thing I can say about ley lines is this: 

You can draw a straight line between any two points on a map. You can either call it a 'ley line' or simply a 'line'. But, the so-called mysticism leaves me confused...Why not simply refer to it as what it is: a line?:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm really not sure if this thread is serious or not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Interesting subject, and one that pre-dates religion and science, the term 'ley line' is quite a modern one (1920's I think) but refers to tracks across the world that join up sites of significant importance, many of which as I said pre-date modern man, neolithic times possibly, why even in the deep distant past that animals and then humans selected sites of importance and then followed them by lines, it is history now, but science has also been trying to explain with ideas such as geo magnetic faults and electrical discharges.

It ties in with history to try and explain sites such as Stone henge or the Glastonbury Tor as two examples, and is still an enigma to this day as to why such sites were chosen, but one such theory has been some sort of connecting line, this 'ley line'

To answer the original question, yes I have known about them a long time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I've been hearing about them for years, bur don't really know very much about them at all. People seem to think places where they cross are very important, some hauntings seem to be found in such area's. It's all very subjective at the moment though. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Nick L said:

I'm really not sure if this thread is serious or not?

Wrong section as this is Science and nature and unexplained.:D

There is far more unexplained though,as science is having a hard time catching up.:unknw:

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Did you know that you can draw a straight line (discounting Earth's curvature) between Ely Cathedral and Stonehenge? Amazing, eh? But on a more prosaic plane-of-thought, you can also draw a straight line between the House of Commons and each and every pub or strip joint in the entire Greater London Area...Surely they can't all be 'ley lines'?:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
37 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Did you know that you can draw a straight line (discounting Earth's curvature) between Ely Cathedral and Stonehenge? Amazing, eh? But on a more prosaic plane-of-thought, you can also draw a straight line between the House of Commons and each and every pub or strip joint in the entire Greater London Area...Surely they can't all be 'ley lines'?:drunk-emoji:

lol.

I wonder if the Ely Cathedral and stonehenge is one though.

Posted

The ancients were very accurate with their aligments much more advanced technology than now.

Ancient Knowledge Pt 3 Pyramids, Monuments & Megaliths, Ley Lines Earth's Energy Grid.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Well I have known about ley lines for over 35 years..  I even used to look for them on OS maps :D

But the big question is were Woolworths stores all built on ancient sacred sites?  :o

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/jan/16/ben-goldacre-bad-science-aliens-woolworths

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Ley lines are like devining/dowsing for water, some people do seem to get results with that, although not proved scientifically. The ancient sacred sites on ley lines were put there for a reason lost to modern man.

I tend to be sceptical, but never rule things out completely - we simply don't know everything the human brain is capable of.

Most people have feelings about places, some places feel comfortable, others can feel decidedly uncomfortable and you want to go somewhere else. I always act on these feelings, because I think they are often warnings from our unconscious thought processes. I've always been very aware of them when viewing houses, if they didn't feel right, even if the house looked perfect on paper - then I wouldn't buy.

Posted

But what came first - the ley lines or, as I suspect, the ancients sacred sites?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Let us say they built a monument in what felt the right place (maybe a henge) they might find another place nearby that also felt right. They 'd then make a connection between the 2 places. Next thing is that  the new religion, Christianity, liked to take over these sites, so built churches near to them, everything usually connected by footpaths....so' Ley' lines.

Now what was it about the place that made it feel 'right' in the first place? - there must have been a feeling at that time, that here was exactly the right place to build a monument. The feeling for the place came first IMO - but what caused it, I've no idea :cc_confused:

Edited by interested & confused
typo
  • Like 2

Posted

I've no idea either. But the shortest path between any two points is always a good starting point?:cc_confused:

Edited by Ed Stone
Oops!

Posted
On 8/3/2016 at 03:57, Snowyowl9 said:

Not many for me as I discovered about ley lines(unlike crop circles which was 1990ish) just in 2011/12 the year of the revealing or the lifting of the veil as far as I found out big time as many other things.

What happened to you in 2011? If you feel comfortable in doing so it be great to hear about it.