Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Nothing sad about it, the crowd and atmosphere was totally different to normal football and it was more memorable than volleyball and handball, I can't even remember who I saw play in those two events.

I say sadly because I can watch professional football any week. I wanted to be at what I call a "proper" event like the athletics or cycling. Didn't get anything from the ballot at all. The football tickets were first-come-first-served.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Mark Cavendish on getting silver.

23rd Gold GB's Nick Skelton, 58 & his horse Big Star win individual show jumping gold

Posted Images

I'm a huge Athletics fan and know quite a bit about it, i'm astounded the Michael Johnson's record has just been removed by 43.03 - I didn't think that would be touched for many years! The track is quick, but something niggles me about that time.

3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'm a huge Athletics fan and know quite a bit about it, i'm astounded the Michael Johnson's record has just been removed by 43.03 - I didn't think that would be touched for many years! The track is quick, but something niggles me about that time.

Well apparently one or two people in the know thought it a possibility.

5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Any comment on Usain Bolt, this time round?

Three consecutive 100m Olympics gold. 

Well a fantastic achievement but I was actually going to comment on Super Sunday and 5 golds for GB.

Never heard of her before at all, but seeing how happy Sophie Hitchon was after she got that bronze really was heartwarming! It's lovely seeing the interviews with them afterwards, they always seem really down to earth.

• Like 1

I don't get the dislike for Clare Balding either. I think on the whole, the BBC coverage has been excellent as usual. It puts other broadcasters like NBC to shame.

1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Sophie Hitchon wins bronze medal in women's hammer

British record

Lifetime best

GB's first ever medal in women's hammer

When was the last  British female athlete to win a medal at an Olympic field event?  I know Tessa Sanderson won gold in 1984.

25 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I don't get the dislike for Clare Balding either. I think on the whole, the BBC coverage has been excellent as usual. It puts other broadcasters like NBC to shame.

BBC are pants and ruin the Olympics, especially that rowing commentator and steve crap

Charlotte Dujardin with her wonderful horse Valegro win GOLD in the Individual Dressage (again)

I must know little of this 'horse dancing' as they all looked the same high standard to me.

B.  :good:

• Like 1