Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Mark Cavendish on getting silver.

23rd Gold GB's Nick Skelton, 58 & his horse Big Star win individual show jumping gold

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Boring load of tripe anyway

I like the rowing, can be genuinely exciting. Now gymnastics, diving and horse dancing...where's the off button?

Edited by Nick L
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I like the rowing, can be genuinely exciting. Now gymnastics, diving and horse dancing...where's the off button?

It's very snooty in this country, which puts me off rowing even more

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The  female Brazilian football team are pretty good.

The male team isn't all that bad either.  Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

It's very snooty in this country, which puts me off rowing even more

The rowing facilities at my comprehensive were shocking, to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Well done Adam Peaty on winning gold and Jazz Carlin winning silver.

Yay, very well done !  Thought this was on the cards due to his WR. ....

Adam Peaty won gold and Jazz Carlin claimed a silver as Great Britain secured their first medals of the 2016 Olympics on day two in Rio.

Peaty, 21, smashed his own world record to win the 100m breaststroke in 57.13 seconds and end GB's 28-year wait for a men's Olympic swimming title.

Minutes later, Carlin won silver in the women's 400m freestyle.

B. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some shock first round exits in the Olympic tennis I thought ..

Novak Djokovic out in the singles.

Serena & Venus out in the ladies doubles &

the Murray Bros out in their doubles :(

(Andy through in straight sets in his first round singles though)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heather Watson beaten 6-3 1-6 6-3 by Elina Svitolina in second round of the tennis

GB's Ed Ling has won a bronze medal in the men's trap (shooting)

 

Edited by Summer Sun
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Heather Watson beaten 6-3 1-6 6-3 by Elina Svitolina in second round of the tennis

GB's Ed Ling has won a bronze medal in the men's trap (shooting)

 

What's trap shooting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

What's trap shooting?

Could be one of those 'posh' sports? Put an animal into a gin trap and then blow it to pieces with a sawn-off shotgun type of thing...Top hole, old chap. That'll teach the crafty blighter to try and run away...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nick L said:

I think you're being really harsh there.

Yes. How many stayed up to watch Steve Redgrave win his 5th Olympics Gold at Sydney in 2000? 

Steve Redgrave is hardly posh as well, he's the kind of sportsman kids of today should look up to not to some of the overpaid prima donnas who kick a back of wind on a pitch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Yes. How many stayed up to watch Steve Redgrave win his 5th Olympics Gold at Sydney in 2000? 

Steve Redgrave is hardly posh as well, he's the kind of sportsman kids of today should look up to not to some of the overpaid prima donnas who kick a back of wind on a pitch.

 

Yes but for the other three and a half years, nobody cares

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...