Radar
Snow?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Mark Cavendish on getting silver.

23rd Gold GB's Nick Skelton, 58 & his horse Big Star win individual show jumping gold

Posted Images

Mo's 10,000metres victory after hitting the deck, but so many others too. It's going to be tough getting back to normal. I love the Olympics & haven't even been bothered that much with the start of the football season. I think diving might be my new favourite sport lol! Made great by the fun commentary of Bob Ballard & Leon Taylor. Been a shame that I haven't been able to watch much athletics or the swimming finals, due to the later than usual scheduling for the USA, but the track cycling was brilliant too. Roll on Tokyo (think I'll have to book holidays for that fortnight (if I'm spared that long), and live from 3 in the morning until 8pm!).

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

In four years time pie eating, dog walking and beer drinking should  make it to the Olympics. Three more golds for the UK then:D

Jokes like that are a bit stale now. Maybe after Atlanta or Munich, Montreal. I won't join in the whole jingoistic thing, but I enjoy seeing my country doing well after so many lean years in the 70s-00s, watching the plucky Briton finishing 26th!

Just now, davehsug said:

Jokes like that are a bit stale now. Maybe after Atlanta or Munich, Montreal. I won't join in the whole jingoistic thing, but I enjoy seeing my country doing well after so many lean years in the 70s-00s, watching the plucky Briton finishing 26th!

It was a dig at the crappy sports being included in four years time:D skateboarding, climbing and baseball:rofl:

What annoys me is that people that don't have satellite TV? Won't see as much action free next time round as Eurosport have most of the rights to the next olympics although there will be some FTA coverage there won't be 8 channels worth like we had with the BBC this time

Next Olympics are the winter ones in 2018 in South Korea. 

I have to say, I don't associate South Korea with winter sports.

I am not sure team GB are going to do as well in Tokyo. Japan will have a strong team, indeed the surrounding countries will have strong teams. South Korea, China.

I shall feel a bit lost today !  lol

Loved the whole fortnight. Watched so many different sports and Team GB

has done so very well.  

Awesome to watch champs like Usain Bolt and M. Phelps, equally all the underdogs giving it their utmost efforts.

Highlights for me ..  Andy Murray, the Women's Hockey and the Triathlon I think.

I do love the Diving too.

Been fun sharing it all on this thread .

B. :)

8 hours ago, NUT said:

What annoys me is that people that don't have satellite TV? Won't see as much action free next time round as Eurosport have most of the rights to the next olympics although there will be some FTA coverage there won't be 8 channels worth like we had with the BBC this time

200 hours of the summer Games and 100 hours of the winter Olympics have to be shown free-to-air TV which will be on the beeb until at least 2024 - Pyeongchang (2018), Tokyo (2020), Beijing (2022) and Summer 2024 which is TBA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, J10 said:

Those lantern things are a menace.