Radar
Snow?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Mark Cavendish on getting silver.

23rd Gold GB's Nick Skelton, 58 & his horse Big Star win individual show jumping gold

Posted Images

Just heard that Andy Murray will carry the union flag at the opening ceremony for team GB.

He says it will be the proudest moment in his sporting career !

B. :)

Andy Murray Flag Bearer.jpg

Edited by Beverley Lass
*Adding pic.

So excited I can't wait for the Games to start. My absolute favourite sporting event, I have visitors in the second week so aim to get my 15 hours of coverage in a day before then, just breaks for essentials like food, some sleep and loo breaks!

Good luck Team GB

Good luck Rio

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Two weeks of sports 90% of which,  nobody gives a crap about, apart from two weeks every four years, oh and don't forget all the cheating too.:oops:

Beach volleyball, dressage and synchronised bloody swimming come to mind!:fool:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Two weeks of sports 90% of which,  nobody gives a crap about, apart from two weeks every four years, oh and don't forget all the cheating too.:oops:

I love the Olympics for that very reason, a chance to see and perhaps get to enjoy a lot of different events that are

not normally televised.  Hopefully inspiring youngsters across the nations to have a go themselves.

Of course there are some really bizarre choices each time which don't seem fitting at all !

2 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

I love the Olympics for that very reason, a chance to see and perhaps get to enjoy a lot of different events that are

not normally televised.  Hopefully inspiring youngsters across the nations to have a go themselves.

Of course there are some really bizarre choices each time which don't seem fitting at all !

A lot of those sports are televised away from the Olympics anyway, but hardly anybody watches them because it's not the Olympics.:cc_confused:

Edited by lassie23

Well I'm not sure I agree with that .. but no matter .. the Olympics is the biggest sporting event so

its bound to be a chance for new folks to find these varied sports. :)

I have my TV guide ready and will be flicking round watching.

53 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Well I'm not sure I agree with that .. but no matter .. the Olympics is the biggest sporting event so

its bound to be a chance for new folks to find these varied sports. :)

I have my TV guide ready and will be flicking round watching.

The World Cup is the biggest and most popular sporting event.:friends:Enjoy the rowing, sailing, synchronised swimming, fencing, equestrian, golf, cycling bmx, water polo, hugging.... sorry i mean judo and more hugging.... sorry I mean wrestling:):good:

7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

The World Cup is the biggest and most popular sporting event.:friends:Enjoy the rowing, sailing, synchronised swimming, fencing, equestrian, golf, cycling bmx, water polo, hugging.... sorry i mean judo and more hugging.... sorry I mean wrestling:):good:

Olympics is the biggest sporting event. Virtually every country on the planet has sent a team. The Football World Cup is the biggest single sports event.

Edited by Weather-history
7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

yeah, wrestling can look gay! I never watch it

• Like 2