Sign in to follow this  
coldcomfort

Serviceman threatened with a knife

Another worrying development, but clearly the police must know exactly who the perpetrators are and therefore do not need the help of the public, because very unusually they have chosen not to issue any sort of description of them whatsoever.

It's the loony left at it again,  no doubt we'll find the serviceman in question voiced support for Owen Smith in the Labour leadership election. The Corbynites have gone too far this time in threatening our brave service personnel. 

Seriously, with the extremely limited information in the public domain it could be absolutely anything from a terrorist act to a domestic dispute or a gambling debt. 

36 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

It's the loony left at it again,  no doubt we'll find the serviceman in question voiced support for Owen Smith in the Labour leadership election. The Corbynites have gone too far this time in threatening our brave service personnel. 

Seriously, with the extremely limited information in the public domain it could be absolutely anything from a terrorist act to a domestic dispute or a gambling debt. 

Indeed, which is why it's all the more puzzling that no description has been issued about the 2 whatsoever, apart from the fact they are men......which incidentally I find very sexist, as not only men commit crimes:D 

It's being reported by Sky that the men escaped in a dark coloured Ford galaxy, but clearly the men themselves were invisible! 

Edited by coldcomfort

We seemingly have a new thread for every bad news story these days. What exactly can be discussed? 

1 hour ago, Nick L said:

We seemingly have a new thread for every bad news story these days. What exactly can be discussed? 

Good point.....you had better close the thread down then, let's keep bad news stories out of the serious discussion.

5 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

Good point.....you had better close the thread down then, let's keep bad news stories out of the serious discussion.

No need for that tone whatsoever. What exactly is there to be debated?

2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Will it is most likely a attempted terrorist act  and seeing over the past few days we have seen a rash of these incidents   france,Germany  and the false alarm in Belgium   i suppose we are discussing the the possibility of a more severe attack happening on these shores 

3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Will it is most likely a attempted terrorist act  and seeing over the past few days we have seen a rash of these incidents   france,Germany  and the false alarm in Belgium   i suppose we are discussing the the possibility of a more severe attack happening on these shores 

Well this is my point, this is all speculation, we don't know anything. Let the police get on with their jobs and then assess. Some would rather point the finger of blame on a whim though.

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

Any reason why you don't want a discussion???

Anyway it looks like abduction attempt as to why we can only guess. We will only know if and when they catch the people concerned or they get someone else.

4 hours ago, Nick L said:

Well this is my point, this is all speculation, we don't know anything. Let the police get on with their jobs and then assess. Some would rather point the finger of blame on a whim though.

However the thread started Nick, its now worthy of discussion. to a point i do agree that there are seemingly lots of different threads for similar subjects. how about a 'European Terrorist Threat' thread? as the list seems to be getting bigger...

anyway, as it stands we have the attempted abduction at knifepoint, of an RAF serviceman, by two "Middle Eastern" men, from the base of the Tornado aircraft which have been involved in air strikes on ISIS. only speculation by police at the moment but pointing strongly towards a terrorist related incident. it seems their tactics are evolving to the use of less conventional methods.

Can't help but think this story is a bit far fetched.  As Judge Rinder would say, I can smell a lie like a fart in a lift!

9 hours ago, snow raven said:

Can't help but think this story is a bit far fetched.  As Judge Rinder would say, I can smell a lie like a fart in a lift!

What do you think is far fetched about it specifically?

12 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

What do you think is far fetched about it specifically?

It was men and not aliens who attempted the abduction.

16 hours ago, snow raven said:

Agreed, it sounds like a load of tosh to me:closedeyes:

17 hours ago, snow raven said:

8 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Agreed, it sounds like a load of tosh to me:closedeyes:

interesting.... why do you think so? who would have made it up and why? 

1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

interesting.... why do you think so? who would have made it up and why? 

Just my opinion, saw it on the news and thought, what a load of tosh..end of

Just now, Karl. said:

Just my opinion, saw it on the news and thought, what a load of tosh..end of

yes but why? 

For me, gut feeling.   Things just don't add up.  Plus it has seemed to have disappeared off most news website headlines after being top news yesterday.   Just odd. 

5 minutes ago, snow raven said:

For me, gut feeling.   Things just don't add up.  Plus it has seemed to have disappeared off most news website headlines after being top news yesterday.   Just odd. 

Agreed, same here, gut feeling.. there is a real news story unfolding in Munich right now..that's news.

Knife blade 3ins long, reportedly yday eve. Hmm..........

Surely if it was a defo terrorist attack they would use something more than 3ins long?

32 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Surely if it was a defo terrorist attack they would use something more than 3ins long?

I'm thinking it was a botched robbery attempt rather than terrorist related. 

1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

not necessarily. if someone threatened you with this-

KN-MC-TF-794T_TAC-Force_Tactical_Spring_Assisted_Knife_01.jpg

(3 1/4" blade)

would you be any less concerned than if it was an 8" kitchen knife?

1 hour ago, Karl. said:

I'm thinking it was a botched robbery attempt rather than terrorist related. 

could well have been Karl. no motive has been confirmed or discounted yet. however, a jogger outside an RAF base seems an odd target for a robbery, don't you think?

24 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

could well have been Karl. no motive has been confirmed or discounted yet. however, a jogger outside an RAF base seems an odd target for a robbery, don't you think?

I agree, it's a very odd target for a robbery..hopefully the police will get to the bottom of it.