Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

i'm such a saddo....sat here under the garden umbrella, yet still soaking wet, desperately trying to keep the laptop dry whilst still posting, and taking in all thst mother nature can throw at me

I don't blame you at all - I wish I was there to witness it too ha!

Dry, quite sunny in Norwich but quite a blustery easterly wind, fuelling the storms out west and southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Paceyboy said:

Those rainfall rates are pretty severe in south central england. Worse ive seen for a while to be honest. Maximum cape not forecast till around 6/7pm also.

Indeed however most projections say storms will be clearing away as the CAPE reaches its peak.

Just hoping we'll see a trigger appear to release it......

Still in awe at those lightning rates!!

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

i'm such a saddo....sat here under the garden umbrella, yet still soaking wet, desperately trying to keep the laptop dry whilst still posting, and taking in all thst mother nature can throw at me

Are you under one of the main cells? Don't you get scared of the lightning AJP?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What a strange sort of day...It's as muggy as hell, blowing a hoolie, and I can make out little more than dark and light patches??

Posted

Pity the Swindon/Bristol Rovers game isn't being televised. Can imagine they be a stunning lightning show around the ground

Posted

I'm watching that one south west of Worcester that has become electrified

• Like 1

Posted

Darkened here in the last half hour, much more cloud around now and still quite windy. Still not fancying our chances as the zone of interest is now clearly defined and drifting NE. 

Only hope for us far south easterners is if some surprise trough/CZ emerges. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

I reckon im on for a direct hit or 50% hit here. Everything looks to be moving NNE or NE. Thats a monster just south of Stratford Upon Avon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
31 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

Im just in my car south of northampton, a few rumbles and an angry sky but not much to see just yet. A cell is developing just south of MK it might spread towards before, i will do my best to send it your way dami! :)

thx toast i need some luck, it just passes me by. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

23 minutes ago, Speedway Slider said:

Are you under one of the main cells? Don't you get scared of the lightning AJP?

not at all...I live for it!

19 minutes ago, Woollymummy said:

We had a great storm, lots of little rumbles, then big rumbles, enough time to get everything under cover, loads of rain, one gigantic flash and bang that scared the willies out of us all, everyone unplug devices, then watch bonkers hailstones pounding the garden. I keep hoping for more, but the air outside is much colder now, am I unlikely to see another storm arrive?

image.jpg

Swindon/Wilts multicell is incoming for you, might well be morphing into something more surface based

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Close but no cigar. Just too much of an easterly steering to the storms, but in line with most of the forecasts so i should not be surprised! Stay safe if you are out or travelling in them - very active afternoon and evening for many. So envious! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

more daughter cells firing to the west of Salisbury, could well be round two in a bit.............Main storm has passed to the north, insanely constant thunder still rumbling away from it....strong sunshine now to my south with temperatures already rocketing.............Just uploading a video to youtube to demonstrate the constant thunder from 30 mins ago, I'll link as soon as it's uploaded

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Ah man you lucky people, nothing here but light grey skies and a little bit of rain. 

Posted

yep, new strikes detected near Warminster from a daughter cell :)

Posted
3 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

not expecting to much to be honest, skies cloudy but not looking overly stormy, temps comming down now as light rain falling for a while now.

Pretty disappointed, any cells coming through here were electrified until 10 miles before they reached me! Hoping that as cape rises I get something worth noting..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Meanwhile in bexley...(crickets).

That radar is going berserk! I just wish it was going berserk over me. Can't believe the storm drought we've had these past few months. Sorry to moan. As always I'm happy for others and there are some lovely pictures of todays activity in this thread, but I can't help wondering when or even if we're going to get our turn. At the risk of sounding like an infant...it aint fair!

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 2