Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed Lauren, it's really quite nuts. However, all of the models I have seen (in spite of the the NetW/Estofex/Ukcw storms forecasts) are keeping our neck of the woods dry. Furthermore, judging by the look of the sky (certainly compared with this morning) it's looking more and more stable, leading me to conclude it will in fact be a dry but oppressive night. 

Funnily enough as I type (on a train) I think I might have glimpsed some Ac or the like way off to the south...certainly at the moment overhead however there's no sign of any of the storm precursors Id hope to see.

I'm really hoping we get something after this humidity. I love the heat, but I do not like the constant sweating.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed Lauren, it's really quite nuts. However, all of the models I have seen (in spite of the the NetW/Estofex/Ukcw storms forecasts) are keeping our neck of the woods dry. Furthermore, judging by the look of the sky (certainly compared with this morning) it's looking more and more stable, leading me to conclude it will in fact be a dry but oppressive night. 

Funnily enough as I type (on a train) I think I might have glimpsed some Ac or the like way off to the south...certainly at the moment overhead however there's no sign of any of the storm precursors Id hope to see.

Agreed, sun out now and crystal clear skies the sat paints a clear picture and very good one intact of the warm dry air across Europe and our corner of the world now, with everything "going around" this massive "block" 

The front(S) out west are slowly working there way up and around it, very cool to see!

Always the way with the UK you need spot on conditions for a good storm.

That said, last night was rather stunning with 3-4 CTG strikes with multiple forks that popped up in a matter of 10 minutes! 

It's a case of time will tell.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I'm really hoping we get something after this humidity. I love the heat, but I do not like the constant sweating.

It's horrible! A good belter wouldn't go amiss! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Even if lightning is sporadic in nature/non existent, there certainly looks to be some heavy, persistent rainfall to come this evening for some parts. Probably the emphasis of the MetO warnings.

4 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

i keep reading about how humid it is down south and im glad it does feel fresher up here, lol

Its pretty high!

Yesterday night when we had the storms, we were all sitting round the table fordinner dripping with sweat, it was like being in the jungle @stainesbloke will probably tell you also, it was nutty..

Heavy rain inbound for areas in the south west.. Will it turn thundery? Where is @William Grimsley!!! 

• Like 2

Posted

The sky is turning black just to the south of me; currently on 'home' territory in SG outside the local supping a Blackthorn. Will it go 'pop' later?

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

Its pretty high!

Yesterday night when we had the storms, we were all sitting round the table fordinner dripping with sweat, it was like being in the jungle @stainesbloke will probably tell you also, it was nutty..

Heavy rain inbound for areas in the south west.. Will it turn thundery? Where is @William Grimsley!!! 

hi, last was horrid up here to, we had some lightening and a bit of rain but it felt so humid, woke up this morning to rain and a fresher feel and not alot has changed through the day, rain on and off and very cloudy skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lightning strikes seem to have died off in the bay of Biscay. Hopefully that isn't a bad sign 

What a surprise, NOT!:rofl: 

In all seriousness though, hopefully its just storms dying out before new ones form.

8 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

hi, last was horrid up here to, we had some lightening and a bit of rain but it felt so humid, woke up this morning to rain and a fresher feel and not alot has changed through the day, rain on and off and very cloudy skies.

Evening! :D

Yeah I can imagine it feels a bit more comfortable further north now. Although I love the heat and humidity (Spanish roots)

Will feel fresher for more tomorrow although maybe the far south east still feeling pretty muggy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
Just now, Mapantz said:

It would be nice just to get a good drink, not fussed about anything electrical.

Screenshot_2016-08-25-17-56-49.png

I am!

It doesn't even need to be anything that spectacular, just some distant lightning and thunder would do me.

There hasn't been enough thunder this year far as I am concerned to make it even average and personally just looking forward to this Autumn and Winter now for windy weather.

Posted

Torrential rain here in Leeds not been this bad since Christmas day of 2015

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm in Leeds atm and the radar shows a viscous storm about to hit. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

No storm in Leeds - just very, very, very heavy rain that I got caught out in on my way home from Sainsbury's! Soaked to the bone now. Definitely the heaviest rain I've seen all year.

Edited by cheese

Posted
7 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I'm in Leeds atm and the radar shows a viscous storm about to 

Fingers crossed rain is intense here 

9 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I'm in Leeds atm and the radar shows a viscous storm about to hit. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
9 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Some very heavy precipitation to hit the south west in a hour or so  hopefully that should deliver the goods 

It'll deliver some rain, but that'll probably be it for peeps living in the SW quarter...........the heavy rain marks the boundary of the theta-plume and forcing is on the wane....possibly a rumble of thunder or rogue flash from that lot but nothing widespread, I'd wager

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Will be interesting to see if anything electrical occurs this far south west. I doubt it but stranger things have happened. :)

Posted
Just now, Costa Del Fal said:

Will be interesting to see if anything electrical occurs this far south west. I doubt it but stranger things have happened. :)

Maybe. Junction 2 of the m5 is my bet :)