Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Windblade said:

So today its raining (at last) in my area. Lovely, lovely cool rain! I also see on convectiveweather.co.uk a chance of storms. I'm not going to get too excited as that would be too good to be true at the moment but at least its a little cooler. Currently 18.5 degrees.

largethumb.png

Still hot and dry here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

The darkness is drifting east and we have some brighter skies behind it with some breaks in the cloud developing. Might be on for some surface heating before long...

IMG_20160722_111840360.jpg

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still hot and dry here.

Hopefully you'll get something later to cool the place down. Any signs of convection there at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had cas all morning, still seems to be patches of it, and starting to look a bit milky below that.

Posted

That's a good sign. Wind seems to be blowing from the west and cloud seems very slow moving so unfortunately you wont get any cool sea breeze. However, if you have acas and signs of convection beginning to form that's good. Hopefully you'll get a nice shower or storm later that will cool things down.

Posted

Meanwhile, up here its now bright and patches of blue are showing. Sun is out. I have bits of ACAS forming, cirrus (always a good sign) and some milky wavy stuff...

IMG_20160722_113449882.jpg

IMG_20160722_113454560.jpg

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Cu been bubbling up here for the last couple of hours, strong sunshine, light winds and to be fair feels very hot out.

Posted

Meanwhile to the Northwest that batch of dark cloud is edging away incredibly slowly...

IMG_20160722_113508165.jpg

IMG_20160722_113516082.jpg

Posted

Just spotted this beauty to the far west. Sorry about the picture quality, its hard to make out at such a distance and there' a building in the way, but there is a massive cb shooting up over there and its headed this way.

IMG_20160722_114136475.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
16 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

Here is my three clips of the Stoke storm from yesterday,you'd be mistaken to think it was a storm because it didn't look like one,the third clip was almost constant thunder,enjoy:D

DSC00875.JPG

Hi All seasons. Was.there any rotation to the left? Looks very similar to an LP supercell with the updraft corkscrewing up into the storm there. Very nice. Sam

Posted

Looks like a small cell has developed over sevenoaks according to the radar. No sparks yet, but nice to see things starting to get going now.

Up in London, the earlier cb is still shooting up, and still behind the building. Incredibly slow moving today.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Another cell just popped up north of Horsham.

Posted

OK, so not sure what to make of this now. Turns out it isn't a cb after all. It certainly looked like one from a far distance though with what looked like a clear anvil. I guess the building being in the way didn't help.

IMG_20160722_124343870.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Lovely hot and reasonably humid day here in Norwich so was surprised to hear some rain or drizzle only a few miles south. Its my day off today so I'm trying to enjoy the heat and the sunshine whilst its here. Further east from the main area today but thats no problem as I love how today feels. I got aircon to cool me down and dry me out if it gets too much I'm happy to keep this :)

Edit and even more surprised to see dull echoes only just south of me and one heading straight here. Nothing major and I'm sure it won't hamper my sunshine much for trying to look less like a tourist (I'm pretty white!) when I go to Italy next week to try and look less like a tourist

Edited by Greeny
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Lovely hot and reasonably humid day here in Norwich so was surprised to hear some rain or drizzle only a few miles south. Its my day off today so I'm trying to enjoy the heat and the sunshine whilst its here. Further east from the main area today but thats no problem as I love how today feels. I got aircon to cool me down and dry me out if it gets too much I'm happy to keep this :)

Edit and even more surprised to see dull echoes only just south of me and one heading straight here. Nothing major and I'm sure it won't hamper my sunshine much for trying to look less like a tourist (I'm pretty white!) when I go to Italy next week to try and look less like a tourist

It's too hot, guys...But, after the other evening's electrical shenanigans, another night of peace will be welcome...Sixteen hours' kip last night, after sod-all since last Sunday!:D

• Like 1

Posted

Towers trying to shoot up to my Northwest (over northwest london).

IMG_20160722_125746894.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

still lovely and cool, light shower near by according to the radar, sky filling up.

Posted

Sevenoaks cell seems to have fizzled out. The Horsham one though seems to have increased in intensity! Still no sparks though on radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's too hot, guys...But, after the other evening's electrical shenanigans, another night of peace will be welcome...Sixteen hours' kip last night, after sod-all since last Sunday!:D

dont scare the storms away!  There are still ppl in the NSC

• Like 2

Posted

I have a cell trying to form right over me. From this angle its difficult trying to get pictures as the angle does not show how high this thing is. Also, the line of towers in the distance is really trying to organise itself. Ive been keeping an eye on them this past bour and it looks like they're trying to form together into one giant cb.

IMG_20160722_133307056.jpg

IMG_20160722_133420673.jpg

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Windblade said:

What was wrong with showing the whole post mate? To be honest I just hit the quote button and let it do the work! Besides, I wanted to show the pictures.

Edit - Just to clarify I wasn't being funny or anything so please don't take what I said the wrong way, just wanted to know why you had an issue with my quote?

There is nothing specifically wrong with quoting the whole post but doing so with such long posts can make it difficult for people using this forum on a phone for example. I am on here quite a lot via my mobile and you can spend ages scrolling through posts you have already read further up. I have hidden the post you quoted but just kept the name of the OP so that everyone knows who you are referring too. If people want to look back at the pictures then they are on the previous page for people to see (great pictures they are too). :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

If people want to look back at the pictures then they are on the previous page for people to see (great pictures they are too). :) 

Yes and I gotta thank those who take the time to take them and share them for all of us to see :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Not really expecting to get anything today but it feels very warm and humid, and there are some nice cloudscapes about. These to the East and south

2mmil54.jpg

28jlf2u.jpg

• Like 1