Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Seems like the updated forecasts were pretty much all wrong today. 

Posted
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Always do mate. Barely ever strike gold! 

Been watching small cumulus all day on santorini try to break the cap, but it ain't happening! Peterborough on the one time that I'm away looks to be right in the firing line of that monster in the south Midlands! Frustrated is an understatement!!! 

May I ask where you are today? Shame you are missing out, it looks like we should be in the firing line into the evening. 

Unrelated, been hearing sirens for a while going back and forth.. Here's me hoping its to do with that ground rumbling thunder that just happened haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Typical - signs of AcCas development to my NW (moving away), clearing skies to my SW (moving in) - grrr - in short, I'd expect developments around N London in the near future spreading NE

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Thunderstorm here. Looking at nw radar there is quite a wide conveyor of activity across central areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
Just now, Delka said:

May I ask where you are today? Shame you are missing out, it looks like we should be in the firing line into the evening. 

Unrelated, been hearing sirens for a while going back and forth.. Here's me hoping its to do with that ground rumbling thunder that just happened haha

All the way in scorching hot Greece bud. Just logged in to check up on the storm front! Wish I hadn't bothered lol. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Seems like the updated forecasts were pretty much all wrong today. 

How on earth do you come to that conclusion? From what I can see, given the huge amount of uncertainty, it's actually gone quite to plan...

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

All the way in scorching hot Greece bud. Just logged in to check up on the storm front! Wish I hadn't bothered lol. 

Haha, the storms are just starting to kick off now, there's a few of them rumbles that last 5 seconds long and go right through you and hurt your ears, and these are from 25 miles away! Hopefully once you get back we get another wave of these fantastic storms..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Is that a hook on the radar near Tewksbury?

Watching a thunderstorm crackling away next to me. I've traveled into south lincs,currently between Sleaford and kings Lynn somewhere lol

Posted
Just now, Llangollen said:

Watching a thunderstorm crackling away next to me. I've traveled into south lincs,currently between Sleaford and kings Lynn somewhere lol

Sounds like you're near Spalding! I live north of Lynn and I can hear the thunder from that storm and one in the opposite direction 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

look at these daughter cells exploding!!.........already hearing distant rumbles from them

new storms.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Any chance of these storms getting to bridlington anybody please say yes haven't seen a storm for over a year :(??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

round two incoming...deep booms!....thank you mother nature, it's been so frustrating but today you've delivered in buckets

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well, that was an impressive storm.:yahoo:

Constant rumbles to start with which would have looked great at night, then torrential rain and some powerful cloud to ground lightning which to me actually seemed to look and sound positive.

The reason why I think there was some positive lightning is because the thunder sounded of the sort that I have heard on storm chaser videos that sound like cannons going off and the lightning had virtually no branches.

Shame that I was in fear most of the time thinking what may happen if our house got struck by one of those sorts of bolts!

• Like 1

Posted

We've got storm like rain , the sky's the right colour but no T&L !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Annoyed not seeing any storms moving into my location, but I guess I did have my storm yesterday with all that lightning so I can't really complain :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Haha, got to see round two approaching. I told the kids it was going to be like the wizard of oz, we saw so many swirls buffing into each other, if they had coordinated into a proper tornado that would have been very nice. As it was, lots of hot up drafts and swirls over our heads and a few more top cracks of thunder and lightning. Yippee!

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty of precip but no lightning on the western edge, looks like our chance is slim.

The usual storm capital of the UK is doing well 

Posted

Frustratingly it looks as though the storms are going to slide to my SE. They were heading this way but are now heading more NE than NNE.

Posted

Good Afternoon all

well rumbles and light rain here at the moment however the action is just to my south and moving up, we could be in the fireline in the next few hours as the front moves NE through Lincolnshire.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Awesome storm on the malborough downs earlier - huge long black oval with a shelf cloud from horizon to horizon, scud trying to form somethong but no rotation.... interestingly towers leaning pretty well into the storm as it moved away over oxford. I made the mistake of trying to follow through wooton bassett and spent the next hour trying not to get stuck in flash floods! Will post some more photos later - best storm system for about 10 years for my area I'd say, for a daytime storm anyway. Samos

• Like 2

Posted

I seem to be about 15 miles too far south. Only had 0.2mm of rain today and a few grumbles of thunder. 

Posted

still rumbling away, with new daughter cells developing to my S/SE