Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted

Ha! Look at that radar..and I'm the nice dry area between two downpours!! As usual I'm expecting these to really get going once they cross the Thames and get some lift at the Chilterms. Time after time we brew storms here and they take off a couple of miles up the road:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

If I wasn't off to the football later I think I'd be hopping in the car and heading to Dorset. Dorchester getting pummeled atm! Hopefully it will come this way later, but at least some will get their storm fix today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
13 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

The current state of play with storms firing over southern England....A multicell cluster moving into Dorset looks quite potent.....steering flow is currently shifting storms northwards..

Untitled.png

This may be a silly question, but at what level is the 'steering flow' determined from? I am assuming that multicell cluster will start shifting more NE than N soon?

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

LOTS OF LIGHTNING DORSET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all. Well I'm gonna jump in the car from here in Cirencester and hopefully head off that lot moving up through weymouth and also watch that arc to see if anything pops before. Good luck all! Samos

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, TEITS said:

Already just had a heavy shower. The area of activity you see on the radar is pretty much the area the Euro4 has consistently predicted for the past couple of days.

So what is likely to happen today is this area will intensify during today whilst drifting north into Lincs/Humber before finally clearing into the N Sea. I do not see anything for the far S or SE, not even a light shower.

Well that went well..........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

I am going to be proven wrong again :rofl:

I hope you're right :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I can here thunder here to my southwest!

Just a few rumbles so far though.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Beeb are quite sure about a fresh line of storms running across London/Kent/Essex/EA overnight, which is worth keeping in mind.

Would also note the cloud is thinning here again, temperature is responding as is the humidity. Whether that proves to be good or bad who knows 

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

This stuff in the south i'm assuming is linked with the warm front that is now moving into s England and will proceed to move n/be throughout the afternoon

Posted

good afternoon all, after a heavy shower here about an hour ago, temp has risen to 21.1c from 19c, not sure if the storms will get this far but things have potential i guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Looks like a lot of lightning a far way from here looking at the radar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and extreme weather
12 minutes ago, samadamsuk said:

Hey all. Well I'm gonna jump in the car from here in Cirencester and hopefully head off that lot moving up through weymouth and also watch that arc to see if anything pops before. Good luck all! Samos

Good luck, I'm in Swindon and hoping the south coast storm will steer NE which will bring it here!!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

good afternoon all, after a heavy shower here about an hour ago, temp has risen to 21.1c from 19c, not sure if the storms will get this far but things have potential i guess.

I think we are in the sweet spot today. I'm supposed to be on Rutland water later. Could be interesting 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
37 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Definitely LOTS of moisture in the air, got soaked this morning within 20mins of leaving the front door and it wasn't even raining......

Looking forward to a good light show then! (fingers crossed)

That's how it's been here since forever, fresher when out today, nice strong easterly breeze, but indoors still the same.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, wimblettben said:

It would be fantastic at night time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
6 minutes ago, AL. said:

Good luck, I'm in Swindon and hoping the south coast storm will steer NE which will bring it here!!

yup....I'm of few miles SSW of you and have my beady eyes on that multicell cluster!

Posted
8 minutes ago, wimblettben said:

That cell is literally a couple of miles from me, but skirting around! We've missed the rain, but have plenty of t and l