Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Some huge positive strokes in that. Just passed to the west.  I can hear a second round in coming from the south. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just woken after 1.5 hours restless sleep. Very dark here. Just seen fiirst lightning out to my SW/W, out at sea.

Edited by Alison Jeffrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lightning out west getting more frequent so when that storm hits say Blackpool it should be on full pelt. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Lightning out west getting more frequent so when that storm hits say Blackpool it should be on full pelt. 

I think that storm will pass to the west of Blackpool out to sea and make landfall somewhere like Whitehaven. It will provide some distant lightning and rumbles though as it moves north. 

Worth noting some stupendous CAPE values forecast for NE England this afternoon, coinciding with when storms should be breaking out. Values in the region of 2500j/kg on GFS and NMM. 

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well nothing else yet actually. Lots of sferics  getting closer again but I don't know where. Remember I'm in Holyhead at the moment. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Well nothing else yet actually. Lots of sferics  getting closer again but I don't know where. Remember I'm in Holyhead at the moment. 

There is a storm moving towards you from the SSW, currently just hitting the Llyn Peninsula. It is heading your way so you should be in luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

There's lots around the Llyn Peninsula. Huge storm around that way terminating in Cardigan Bay. Personally I would stay around Holyhead.. if you are planning to come back this way you will be disappointed. No real eastward shift.

Posted

More thunder now,  massive raindrops. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some slight precipitation breaking out around the Welsh Marches and fringing into West Midlands now

Posted
4 minutes ago, Supacell said:

There is a storm moving towards you from the SSW, currently just hitting the Llyn Peninsula. It is heading your way so you should be in luck.

Just had a massive positive strike  distantly from that direction. Some really powerful sferics.   It's all kicking off around me now  actually. 

• Like 2

Posted

Massive CG  to my immediate south-west. A new cell has  just electrified. And again.  Really gusty winds. 

• Like 1

Posted

Oh wo CGs  everywhere. 

• Like 3

Posted

Nice start to the day. Temperatures of 21c and a dewpoint of 17c. Today has the makings of producing a memorable storm I think. The Midlands is at risk later on but I feel it will be Northern England and Scotland which fair best. Already been plenty (and currently ongoing) in the far N and W of the country.

WP_20160720_04_54_51_Pro.jpg

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Help

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Thunder!!! Here we go, radars looking good, could be the best storm I've ever seen

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Ah well big miss here. Everything further west and the flow more north than predicted yesterday. Big downgrade on the forecast this morning so a bit of whoopsy.

Posted

Ok i'm scared now. 

Posted

Another cell  coming in now. Last one struck with in 600 m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Chris. Looks like it's the level we had down in Bournemouth last July. It's funny then it's....a bit scary. Stay safe, looks mental on rain radar. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

YES!!! almost constant thunder!! about 2/3 strikes per minute too

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I
  • Like 1