Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

These clouds are currently passing over the Black country and the breeze has picked up !

Hoping for some storm action here tonight or tomorrow

IMG_20160719_171526746.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Well being in Lincolnshire it looks like tomorrow afternoon will provide a slim chance of a storm for me. 

Typical really that i spend a week in the storm capital of the UK and we get a western setup

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
8 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Let's just appreciate the quality/accuracy of the Netwx SR Precipitation Charts!

FotorCreated.jpg

Well, ignoring the mass of rain to the S of Ireland of course :D

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
Just now, Nick L said:

Well, ignoring the mass of rain to the S of Ireland of course :D

Maybe a little behind on that? :pardon:

Possibly could see a breakdown beginning a little further south possibly?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Yes skies above our area looking interesting...as Mr Nexus mentioned warn breeze picking up

IMG_7084.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tony on UkWW has issued his forecast for tomorrow. Great for northern areas but not here, same for convective weather. Can see storms beginning around Stoke northwards. Dry for us in the Midlands and South I'm afraid it looks to be.

best of luck to all concerned though :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Going to be an interesting night into tomorrow. I'm still uncertain of my chances, being west in the region, I'm probably slightly more likely than say, Manchester, but it's all to play for. With the highest CAPE and LIs practically overhead tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hi everyone,

Well, certainly won't be getting much rain tonight that's for sure, lightning a lot I hope, but we shall have to see. Sky has been fairly unstable with various patches of Altocumulus and Altocumulus Castellanus cloud through today, good luck folks. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So basically nothing for the South, yes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Personally I doubt it, in line with what the models have shown past couple of days really.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

If you're looking for rain no, if you're looking for thunderstorms, possibly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
13 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Tony on UkWW has issued his forecast for tomorrow. Great for northern areas but not here, same for convective weather. Can see storms beginning around Stoke northwards. Dry for us in the Midlands and South I'm afraid it looks to be.

best of luck to all concerned though :)

Without sounding like a stuck record I am loving that forecast!!!!  I know usual rules apply etc (not all areas will see something) but still fantastic to read - so elevated storm risk through the early hours progressing to a stronger storm risk as we move in to tomorrow.  Reminds me of Thunder Thursday back in 2012 when all the forecasters where saying storms down central areas and Tony picked the NE out for strong storms - low and behold it happened.  He knows his stuff - as long as there's a chance I am happy :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

If you're looking for rain no, if you're looking for thunderstorms, possibly.

very unlikely though it has to be said...........possibly some lightning for cornwall, west/north devon, but most of the overnight activity will be over the irish sea heading into NW england and southern scotland....as for tomorrow, as per all the main forecasts, Wales, north midlands northwards, unlikely elsewhere.....occasionally the weather can throw a curve ball, but it's a thin and very weedy straw to clutch sadly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types
9 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Hi everyone,

Well, certainly won't be getting much rain tonight that's for sure, lightning a lot I hope, but we shall have to see. Sky has been fairly unstable with various patches of Altocumulus and Altocumulus Castellanus cloud through today, good luck folks. :)

I just look on met office rain fall radar and some little showers moving up lands end 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Meanwhile, here in North East Wales...
Sadly, its hardly a supercell thunderstorm :sorry:

... But I remember the Spanish Plume event of August last year, nothing until 19.00, and then everything started to brew up... An hour or so later... :bomb:
So I'm still keeping the faith this end :friends:

IMG_8412.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

looks a good chance here , hmmmm we will see,

unfortunatley, if it happens it could be during the early hours when i want sleep.  work tommorrow damn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
Just now, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

I just look on met office rain fall radar and some little showers moving up lands end 

Use the Netweather Radar includes 5 min updates and better in my opinion!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's been up to a stifling 33c here. Currently a humidex temperature of 40c in parts of the NW, that is horrendous for trying to do anything in!

Work is done now until Thursday and so I am all set to go out storm chasing. Some models (GFS) bring the storm risk southeast enough to affect the N Midlands and so I could stay at home but on this occasion I do not want to take the gamble. I would much prefer to pay the petrol and head north, as I feel the rewards could be worth it. My only area of confusion is whether to bother chasing tonight. If NW England or N Wales are in the firing line then I will, but I am not travelling all the way to W Scotland regardless of whats on offer. Tomorrow is definite for me whether I chase tonight or not, with my target area being NE England (E Yorkshire up towards Newcastle)

Posted
6 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

very unlikely though it has to be said...........possibly some lightning for cornwall, west/north devon east devon, but most of the overnight activity will be over the irish sea heading into NW england and southern scotland....as for tomorrow, as per all the main forecasts, Wales, north midlands northwards, unlikely elsewhere.....occasionally the weather can throw a curve ball, but it's a thin and very weedy straw to clutch sadly

Maybe, but the sky here is loaded with energy and it's already kicking off south of here anyway, so it'll be an interesting evening, more proffesional weather forecasters think different. ;)

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Some clouds now bubbling up over Worcester with a very warm strong breeze and dam it's hot, was looking forward to some storms tonight but no chance really now for us but 92.7f at 6pm.... Last time i remember that was in Darwin, OZ back in 2003.

20160719_173525.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, William Grimsley said:

Maybe, but the sky here is loaded with energy and it's already kicking off south of here anyway, so it'll be an interesting evening, more proffesional weather forecasters think different. ;)

a couple of light showers in the english channel is hardly 'kicking off' at this stage....lol....................not sure what you mean about the bolded bit of your posts, I presume you mean, most if not all professional forecasters are going by the met office forecasts which I pretty much paraphrased in the original post?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

a couple of light showers in the english channel is hardly 'kicking off' at this stage....lol....................not sure what you mean about the bolded bit of your posts, I presume you mean, most if not all professional forecasters are going by the met office forecasts which I pretty much paraphrased in the original post?

I'm on about a weather forecaster at the Met Office. Oh really? Well, if you take a look at the weather forecast for here, it says thunderstorms. :p

Edited by William Grimsley