Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Misty murky November conditions this morning - not seen much in the way of mist and fog so far this autumn. Its certainly been a very evocative 10 days or so, with early wintry conditions, good spells of late autumn sunshine. Autumn 2016 could end up the first autumn in a long time devoid of gales, very unusual, to get to this stage in the season with not one storm. Autumn 2005 was quite similiar. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not saying it will come off, 1 FI ensemble member, but no PV in usual place, no ugly purples to our NW, yet we are still mild! hope it won't be a 'nearly' winter, would rather full on mild than being wet and getting great synoptic setup with no result

gensnh-1-1-384.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Such a unusual Autumn so far,reminds me of 2013/14 but the opposite with regard to result. A entrenched pattern not really moving at all,that season was a shooting alley over the uk with storms resulting in a appalling winter of rain and misery,this time round total flip,could be a great winter coming up,long overdue in my opinion. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

These are supposed to be the lowest temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment. I wonder how low they'll get over the next week or so? phil_40.gif

2016-11-13.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
On 11/12/2016 at 09:58, Summer Sun said:

Quite an unusual sight on the Satellite this morning

464566.png

such a clear shadow of the frontal cloud, lovely. With the low morning sun in the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
8 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

The overnight low in Kinloss was 14c - 17c or 18c entirely possibly in NE Scotland today

Aboyne, Aberdeenshire has recorded 17.1C today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Aboyne, Aberdeenshire has recorded 17.1C today

High last Thursday for Aboyne was 3.2C and the forecast high for this coming Friday is around 3C. What a wonderful country we live in weather wise.

Posted

0nly November, but still concerning about the amount of rain due to fall in Midlands area, 'child of nadine' equivalent? Sun to Tues, flood warnings surely to be issued during Monday, sigh, here we go again

Posted
4 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

We could have the first minus double digits low of the season tonight in Scotland -11c possible in the Highlands

I suspect you may well be correct, just popped out to get more logs for the stove and it's already -5*C for my location. I'd wager temps below -10*C will be recorded for the usual cold places in Grampian and Highlands & Eilean Siar overnight.

Edited by Norrona2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Until now, we haven't had that much rain this autumn. Well not where I am anyway.

Posted
30 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

18Z looks a bit more realistic to me, Dec 2015, rather than 00Z!, amazing difference though 

hgt500-1000.pnghgt500-1000.png

Neither, a more normal December is more realistic. December 2015 was anything but realistic, it was way out of climatic norms not just in warmth but rainfall in the north.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well I hit a low of -8.1C last night, which is much more reminiscent of 2009\10 than 2015. Not that I'm expecting a repeat of either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
15 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

We could have the first minus double digits low of the season tonight in Scotland -11c possible in the Highlands

Coldest night of the year though not quite minus double digits

-9.8c in Loch Glascarnoch

Posted

Really enjoying this mostly dry and calm Autumn. Makes cycling to work so much more enjoyable not having to battle the wind and not turning up to work like a drowned rat every day. Hopefully it lasts until Spring and the train of storms doesn't decide to turn up 2/3 months late (like much of the so-called seasonal weather this year). 

Anyone know what the rainfall totals are looking like for this Autumn? Must be below average, at least in the Northwest.

Edited by ManiaMuse

Posted

Northerlies do seem to arrive at weekends, noticed a few times, this weekend last year I had a dusting of snow! so wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of toppler arriving on Fri 2- Sat 3 Dec, so get ready Scotland to be hit by snow 2-4 Dec!

bit like the plumes seem to arrive Tues/Wed,