Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM1-120.GIF?24-0

Summer? just time of year against us now, think summer has gone and no more 20° temps even in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like a standard colder days/milder nights for the east with showers and problems with wind, but calmer with milder days/colder and possibly frostier nights in the west under the influence of the high. Not too dissimilar from a lot of October, just with more of a northerly element.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the fresh mornings,perfect Autumn weather,makes getting out and about for so much easier and enjoyable!!:)

Posted

still hoping for nice Saturday, but time of year against us now, feel as though it will be cloudy and 16°, if 3 months earlier 30° plus and sunny, nice Saturdays though rare in Summer

161029.png

4 weeks from now though I will start looking for cold on models! that time again soon, but very likely the zonal train powering along by Nov 25th, with no end in sight

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

A lovely morning after a decent ground frost, blue skies and no wind, fells looking resplendent. However, it clouded over through the afternoon, making for a rather drab evening. Next few days look very dull here, with drizzle or light rain at times, murky misty mild mizzly stuff - the miserable westerly/southwesterly airstream.

Looking forward to an injection of true polar maritime air, and that first proper feeling that late autumn is upon us.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A lovely morning after a decent ground frost, blue skies and no wind, fells looking resplendent. However, it clouded over through the afternoon, making for a rather drab evening. Next few days look very dull here, with drizzle or light rain at times, murky misty mild mizzly stuff - the miserable westerly/southwesterly airstream.

Looking forward to an injection of true polar maritime air, and that first proper feeling that late autumn is upon us.

No thanks not here! understand northerners wanting it though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

No thanks not here! understand northerners wanting it though

How about we find some way to stop it going any further south than Jct 14 M6,  by the way a new work colleague from down south says any body living north of Birmingham is a Northerner, so welcome to the club:hi:

Posted
Just now, moorlander said:

How about we find some way to stop it going any further south than Jct 14 M6,  by the way a new work colleague from down south says any body living north of Birmingham is a Northerner, so welcome to the club:hi:

yeah, will be good! just need 100m+ more height! eh, yours will do 252

Posted

I am quietly confident that Stafford will see something other than damp and soggy this winter season:cold:

Posted
26 minutes ago, moorlander said:

No thanks, let it go all the way to the Channel I say. There are plenty of cold fans living south of Birmingham on this forum, surely you wouldn't want to deny them their fix :cold::D.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

surely you wouldn't want to deny them their fix :cold::D.

No I would not, really hope that all on the forum get a little bit of what they want, what ever comes our way.

Anything remotely like a good old fashioned late Autumn/ winter period should cover all the bases I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Today's warm spot was Nantwich hitting 19c the seasonal average is 13c

:O 4 miles down the road from here, Didn't know there was an official station there though :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

:O 4 miles down the road from here, Didn't know there was an official station there though :cc_confused:

The beeb gave it out so I can only assume they have got one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
10 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Glory awaits us.

Rtavn3127.gif

Can I ask why you're posting theta-w charts quite often? While useful at short range, it is misrepresenting what may be going on at the surface- making those charts look better than they are to the less knowledgeable, especially with all the colours.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
9 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Can I ask why you're posting theta-w charts quite often? While useful at short range, it is misrepresenting what may be going on at the surface- making those charts look better than they are to the less knowledgeable, especially with all the colours.

Post day 10 there's only one lesson that newbies need to learn.. the charts post day 10 are unlikely to ever come to fruition. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I thought the idea behind it was to dispel ideas that, at this time of year,  warm looking 850 temps in high pressure would not necessarily be so at the surface. Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Gael_Force said:

I thought the idea behind it was to dispel ideas that, at this time of year,  warm looking 850 temps in high pressure would not necessarily be so at the surface. Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood.

I should have said theta-e in my post, but it was late and I had square eyes. :)

However, I agree with your comment, but the chart in question isn't the 850 hPa temps, it's the potential equivalent temperature.

A good example at 99hrs..

GFSOPEU06_99_2.png

GFSOPEU06_99_7.png

To the untrained eye, the second chart looks a glorious sight. It is a good chart to use at short range if snow is in the forecast, as it can be one of many tools to help get an idea of what the precipitation falling, might be at different elevations.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Could it be that we have something colder on the cards for November 2016? Looking at the various predictions, such as from the Met.Office, there are indications we could have cold north/north-westerly airstreams bringing a real foretaste of winter and the first sharp air-frosts nationwide during the coming month. For my part, I predicted (reluctantly) a mild, wet November largely based on the warmth of the far NE Atlantic and the QBO remaining in a Westerly phase; but it is nice to see a prospect of crisp frosty mornings and (certainly where I live) the first snows of winter on the highest fells. Much more preferable to November last year!

• Like 3