Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Another bitterly cold night for most of England and Wales less cold in Scotland, NI and maybe northern England thanks to more cloud than last night

f07553ec-7ea1-4900-8766-063aa37c3f3f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Feels shall we say invigorating leaving where i was working and walking out to a 36c temp drop today!! 38c to 2c in the opening of 2 doors,even i had to put the car heater on!:)

Posted

This Autumn is the inverse in terms of temperature anomaly to last autumn.

Last Autumn was a cooler than average September, slightly above average October and a very mild November.

This Autumn has been a very warm September, slight above average October and a likely below average November.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Six years ago today I woke up to a white blanket of snow. This morning, it was a white blanket of a different kind: a thick frost. A lovely end to Autumn 2016.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
2 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Six years ago today I woke up to a white blanket of snow. This morning, it was a white blanket of a different kind: a thick frost. A lovely end to Autumn 2016.

Me too. Been quite a nice Autumn all round this year really.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

As both simshady and Relativistic have said, its been a lovely autumn, and one I'm personally keen to see a lot more of (or should that be like?) :)
I've just been having a look back, and its amazing how quickly I'd forgotten the heat and thunderstorms that September brought!
There has been a lovely display of colours this year (probably helped by the lack of wind), and from a totally IMBY perspective, quite a lot of misty foggy starts as well :D
Autumn 2016, you will be missed  :cray:(meteorologically speaking of course :laugh: )

... But anyway... Here are a few pics that I've taken over the past few frosty days :)

November (2).jpg

November (1).jpg

November (3).jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

And that's it folks! It's all over for another year :cray:
Where did the past three months go?:unknw:
So until next year, farewell autumn... We'll see you again in September :D

... And if anyone wants to keep an eye on how next autumn 'might' pan out... Here's the link to the long range Canadian model from Tropical Tidbits :whistling::good:
http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=cansips&region=global&pkg=mslpa&runtime=2016120100&fh=9&xpos=0&ypos=216

Edited by Dangerous55019
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted

The mean temperature here for November was 3.4º with 17 separate air frosts. This beats even Nov 2015 for number of frosts and the mean temp (if you're looking for cold). 

I do wonder why so many people pore over the models looking for cold when actually what we had in November was quite noteworthy in itself. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

The mean temperature here for November was 3.4º with 17 separate air frosts. This beats even Nov 2015 for number of frosts and the mean temp (if you're looking for cold). 

I do wonder why so many people pore over the models looking for cold when actually what we had in November was quite noteworthy in itself. 

I'm baffled why you are comparing it to last November given it was exceptionally mild? Unless you mean November 2005?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

No widespread snow, which is what people really want I suspect. A lot of people don't care for cold for cold's sake.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

Quite right OON. True coldies like all aspects of cold. Maybe a new term 'snowies' should be introduced...

Best November since 2010 here (not sure how good 2012 was not being here at the time). Let's hope it's a precursor for things to come.

Posted
2 hours ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

I would guess that other areas haven't done as well for frosts though. Certainly here we only had two days with air frosts, which is pretty poor compared to years like 2005 and 2010. There wasn't anything remotely close to snow either (though that's the case back to January 2013 for us!).

Posted
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

I'm baffled why you are comparing it to last November given it was exceptionally mild? Unless you mean November 2005?

I was just simply comparing it to last year because it's the most recent comparison to hand! 

Posted
6 hours ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

I was just simply comparing it to last year because it's the most recent comparison to hand! 

It's just the way you said that it beats even  November 2015. That was a given.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

Its been an interesting autumn with 4 records broken with September heat,And with the best thunderstorm I`ve seen in September to another very dry autumn overall but then November gave another 2 records with that eye opening damaging 90mph squall from just a breeze then the wettest Monday on record from that cold NEly with wet snow.

Then some sharp air frosts at the end well 2.

• Like 1

Posted
On 03/12/2016 at 10:31, Snowyowl9 said:

Its been an interesting autumn with 4 records broken with September heat,And with the best thunderstorm I`ve seen in September to another very dry autumn overall but then November gave another 2 records with that eye opening damaging 90mph squall from just a breeze then the wettest Monday on record from that cold NEly with wet snow.

Then some sharp air frosts at the end well 2.

I'd almost forgotten about Septembers thunderstorms... Thanks you for reminding me about them Snowyowl9 :good:

Posted

Very mild and really quite breezy here in North east Wales today... Sadly this does mean that the trees are now being stripped of the last of the autumn leaves :cray: