Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
8 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I noticed the CFS runs I've been looking at over the past month or so have predominantly suggesting temps at or below average for October with a high pressure anomaly not too far away to the NW or NE.

With the anomaly being close to the UK it could be suggestive of frost/fog at night and pleasant days.

Something like this perhaps?

Recm2401.gifRecm2402.gif

A very Autumnal look to GFS this morning longer term

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
15 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I noticed the CFS runs I've been looking at over the past month or so have predominantly suggesting temps at or below average for October with a high pressure anomaly not too far away to the NW or NE.

With the anomaly being close to the UK it could be suggestive of frost/fog at night and pleasant days.

I'd love that. Would give cracking autumn colours too.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Just want a proper Autumn for a change,a proper seasonally change,but i would be a total hypocrite if i'd take any notice of the CFS runs,sorry to far out in my opinion to be viable at all,to many hopes raised,exactly like in the summer months. Would love it if it came off though!:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

only 0.9c @ 6am near Baltinglass in Wicklow mountains this morning! Here's for a cold dry autumn and snowy winter gang!

• Like 2

Posted

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A lovely clear cool autumnal morning ,min temp last night 5.6c,the lowest ive recorded since May. Its a morning like this morning were  i feel like autumn has arrived.:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

September has been excellent in terms of temperatures, but very poor in terms of sunshine so far.

Average highs up to today are 23.0c, which is 3c above average! Sunshine is struggling at 84 hrs when the month averages 150. We will be looking at the 2nd or 3rd warmest September on record here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Average high is currently 21.2C here. Will probably end up warmer than June.

Edited by cheese

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Average high is currently 21.2C here. Will probably end up warmer than June.

June here only managed 20.6c, so September will easily beat that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Average temperature here so far for September is 17.9C, which is 1.5C warmer than average. Still quite a noticeable difference between here and you guys further South.

Posted

What's the average overnight lows at this time of year?

I wouldn't class those temps as very chilly of course rural areas will be colder under clear skies but not in the towns and cities as per the temps above

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

What's the average overnight lows at this time of year?

I wouldn't class those temps as very chilly of course rural areas will be colder under clear skies but not in the towns and cities as per the temps above

Even raw GFS  doesn't look that cold

ukmintemp.png

• Like 1

Posted

Those temperatures are, if anything, a little warmer than average for late September. I certainly wouldn't put my heating on with a low of 10/11C. Those types of temperatures aren't uncommon even in July and August.

It's only been below 10C once this month.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Welcome Autumn,the season of comfort,no more sleepless hot nights,banging headaches,feeling drained from oppressive heat......best time of the year in my opinion. Something for everyone.:)

• Like 7

Posted

An 11c low would probably be the coldest night in July, but at this time of year it is average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Welcome Autumn,the season of comfort,no more sleepless hot nights,banging headaches,feeling drained from oppressive heat......best time of the year in my opinion. Something for everyone.:)

You should move to the west of Scotland it's been autumn since June 2015 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had the most fantastic walk to work this morning with clear blue skies and the shallow mist/fog at lower ground. This was taken around 8.45am today. :Dimage.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

The nights are getting pretty nippy here. Down to 5C last night and already 6C at 10:30pm. Luckily the flat is well-insulated, so I'm not close to turning the heating on yet. I can even open the window and not feel cold.

It felt like high summer when I arrived barely a week ago.

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, markyo said:

Come on man - pretty much every day from late October through to mid March will probably be cold, cloudy and damp yet all you can do is moan about 3 or 4 hot days a year.. UK summers are amongst the best in the world if you don't like hot weather. It hardly ever happens. I can count on one hand the number of days that it actually felt 'hot'. Nearly every day in July and August was between 20 and 23C.

I think some of you guys need to take a holiday to Florida.. but without the luxury of A/C to help you. Then you'll see the true meaning of oppressive. How do lows of 28C sound?

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Come on man - pretty much every day from late October through to mid March will probably be cold, cloudy and damp yet all you can do is moan about 3 or 4 hot days a year.. UK summers are amongst the best in the world if you don't like hot weather. It hardly ever happens. I can count on one hand the number of days that it actually felt 'hot'. Nearly every day in July and August was between 20 and 23C.

I think some of you guys need to take a holiday to Florida.. but without the luxury of A/C to help you. Then you'll see the true meaning of oppressive. How do lows of 28C sound?

Agree in your area its not been bad at all heat/humidity wise but i spend most of my time working in the south and south east,trust me totally different there. Can be awful in central London. Find it really interesting how folk feel the weather completely differently,your cold is my shorts weather still,while my hot weather is barely average for guys like you. Its not the heat thats the problem for me,its humidity,really hate it's energy sapping effect due to my job. To be honest i feel we've not had a cold spell in the uk for nearly 2 years,i can count one one hand the weekend walks  in long trousers and not shorts. Each to there own......oh and wild horses wouldn't get me near Florida,same as the chances of you holidaying in Greenland! Each to their own!:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 hours ago, cheese said:

I really enjoyed the summers on the Canadian prairies..they are often very sunny and warm/hot but is a dry heat ..for example it can 34c but feels like 26c here its the other way around can be 26c but feels like 34c you cant escape the humidity which often makes British summer weather feel hotter than it actually is.

• Like 2