Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

h850t850eu.png

not a bad chart really due next Sat, on the 4th anniversary of the dreadful weather event, child of nadine (Karin)

archives-2012-9-24-0-0.png

Posted
18 hours ago, cheese said:

It's more strange to hear people looking forward to winter when probably 90% of people hate it and go out of their way to avoid it. 

Likewise I know nobody - literally nobody - who thinks 14C and overcast is 'nice'. That is the type of weather that gives the UK climate its terrible reputation abroad.

Netweather always seems to attract 'odd' people who have weather preferences that differ greatly to the majority of the population. Most people in the real world like warm, sunny weather, not cold, breezy weather. 

Not that there's anything wrong with liking that..!

Totally agree with that since I've moved to Manchester. Last 'Summer' 2015 was a complete waste of time, cloudy and cool and incessantly windy all the time. Summer 2016 looked like it was heading that way going by how naff June and July were but saved by the reasonably pleasant weather at the end of August and September where the cloud and rain decided to go on holiday for a bit. Never felt too hot imo, certainly nothing insufferable about it like the long lasting summer heat you get on the Continent.

I can understand why weather enthusiasts on a forum like cold weather and snow (and also thunderstorms) because it is comparatively rare in the UK but agree with you that for most people extreme weather is just a nuisance

Really hoping for a benign Autumn/Winter this year, don't care about temperature just so long as it isn't eternally cloudy and we don't get hit by a constant stream of storms (probably just jinxed it by saying that and we are going to have a repeat of 2013/14...)

Pleasant sunny day here although went out earlier and the leaves are definitely starting to change colour in places, Autumn is on the way :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I was probably outside more, during the storms of 2013/14 than any other time of the year. I practically spent the entire time around the coastline down here, and loved every minute of it.
Hoping for some juicy low pressures this year, because I also love the follow on of a showery regime bringing showers with hail and thunder, and wonderful cloudscapes.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I was probably outside more, during the storms of 2013/14 than any other time of the year. I practically spent the entire time around the coastline down here, and loved every minute of it.
Hoping for some juicy low pressures this year, because I also love the follow on of a showery regime bringing showers with hail and thunder, and wonderful cloudscapes.

Same here! Although I spent most of those storms in Egham wishing I was back home in Devon..lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The odd storm isn't too bad, as long as they aren't successive, and there isn't copious amounts of rain. It'll be a disaster if more of the same areas are flooded severely again this winter. Mother nature needs to give them a break. Maybe send it all to the SE since they are the ones who need it most.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
6 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Ever wondered why we get so many mild winters?

This has been caused by the progressively northwards position of sub-arctic depressions as the margins of Arctic pack-ice retreat polewards and the northern seas warm to give more fuel to the depressions. Winter blocking-patterns in high latitudes are rarer than they once were (which is not to say this does not happen, as months like December 2010 and March 2013 attest, but mild rainy south-westerlies in late autumn and winter are more persistent).

Lets hope this coming Grand Solar Minimum kicks off soon, because global cooling bringing about an increase in Arctic ice-extent is the only real hope for a return of the crisp frosty autumns and freezing snowy winters some of us grew up with!  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really looking forward to Autumn now,fingers crossed it won't be the dreary mild crap we have had for the last few years,to many storms effecting to many poor folk in flood prone areas. This summer has been a tough one for working,way to humid,way to often. Temps not really a problem,odd spells yes but overall not to bad but i so happy the next 6 months of comfortable working weather lay ahead!:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
48 minutes ago, markyo said:

Really looking forward to Autumn now,fingers crossed it won't be the dreary mild crap we have had for the last few years,to many storms effecting to many poor folk in flood prone areas. This summer has been a tough one for working,way to humid,way to often. Temps not really a problem,odd spells yes but overall not to bad but i so happy the next 6 months of comfortable working weather lay ahead!:)

Totally agree! Looking forward to some lovely cold weather.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

such a lovely day today.. Cant complain with the weather this September and most of August also.. Nice day predicted again tomorrow :D

It's been good hasn't it:) If the summer months would have been May, August and September it would have been a good summer as a whole away from the NW:good:If September keeps this up it might top August. We shall see.

Edit: In quality of month rather than just temperature.

Edited by Matthew Wilson
  • Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

It's been good hasn't it:) If the summer months would have been May, August and September it would have been a good summer as a whole away from the NW:good:If September keeps this up it might top August. We shall see.

yes, was wondering that, has sept ever been warmest month of the year?

Posted

Reached 20C here which was higher than forecast yet again. 

Sep is currently warmer than July and August, but it won't last.

Edited by cheese

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Reached 20C here which was higher than forecast yet again. 

Sep is currently warmer than July and August, but it won't last.

And June

Posted

I tend to think Sept more summery than June, even if Atlantic quiet, and a southerly, surely early 0ct warmer than an average early June

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I tend to think Sept more summery than June, even if Atlantic quiet, and a southerly, surely early 0ct warmer than an average early June

Lol, no. Warmer than early May maybe.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Another day of big temperature contrasts

Mid-teens under the cloud in the east and SE high teens / low 20's in the sunnier west, north of England and Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

It looks like September is going to be the best summer month this year....roll on summer !

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Another day of big temperature contrasts

Mid-teens under the cloud in the east and SE high teens / low 20's in the sunnier west, north of England and Scotland

yes, split was over me, unsettled skies to the east, settled skies to the west all day, became sunny later after 5pm, when moved in to clear sky to the west