Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

It's not the heat that bothers me, it's the humidity...I've lived through 1975,1976, 1983, 1989, 1995, 1997 and 2006...But, the humidity in those years was nothing like what it's been, this year...Yuck!

I could deal with heat if it cooled down nicely of a night. I am not a good sleeper so heat (and humidity) really don't help matters. It's a shame it's difficult to get dry heat in this country, that would help!

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Well, I'd be fine with normal October weather, or even cold October weather.. as long as it's sunny and dry. I just can't stand rainy, dreary days!

Yeah, though the only thing that worries me about high pressure dominated forecasts is the possibility of anticyclonic gloom and boredom.

Sunny and crisp is good but if we were to get AC gloom instead I'd rather some nice active weather from the Atlantic (the proper variety with lively systems followed clear skies and perhaps showers in PM or RPM airmasses, not just a TM southwesterly). The weather's had all summer for high pressure dominated conditions so I wouldn't want them to arrive then to just bring dull boring conditions (or be another synoptic that would be interesting if it happened in summer/winter but is indifferent when it actually occurs).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Yeah, though the only thing that worries me about high pressure dominated forecasts is the possibility of anticyclonic gloom and boredom.

Sunny and crisp is good but if we were to get AC gloom instead I'd rather some nice active weather from the Atlantic (the proper variety with lively systems followed clear skies and perhaps showers in PM or RPM airmasses, not just a TM southwesterly). The weather's had all summer for high pressure dominated conditions so I wouldn't want them to arrive then to just bring dull boring conditions (or be another synoptic that would be interesting if it happened in summer/winter but is indifferent when it actually occurs).

I agree, gloomy high pressure is crap, but I'll take high pressure at any time of year as long as it's sunny and dry. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

I agree, gloomy high pressure is crap, but I'll take high pressure at any time of year as long as it's sunny and dry. 

Well we do need rain every now and again :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Just now, Nick L said:

Well we do need rain every now and again :D

Snow melt will suffice! :santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Because some people don't like heat (like myself).

but i like seasonal weather. if they overlap to make up for poor starts then thats fine with me. i love the heat in summer and autumn but i also love cold wintry weather. snow is the holy grail but 'totally tropical' is a close second!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Roll on winter!:D

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, cheese said:

Snow melt will suffice! :santa-emoji:

I can live with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Dry, sunny, and cold nights are ideal for a proper Autumnal display in October. Rarely happens though.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Autumn wouldn't be Autumn in this country, without a few decent storms thrown in! I'm pining for some gale action.

We have November for that! Let's keep summer rolling into October! Then we can bunker down for the freezing 9C with drizzle all winter! :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tuesday's max in London is up to 28c now yesterday it was around 24c at this rate it will be the low 30s by the end of the weekend

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
11 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

at this rate it will be the low 30s by the end of the weekend

..and Christmas turkey outside on the BBQ lol

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

..and Christmas turkey outside on the BBQ lol

Not another Dec 2015 thanks!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Roll on winter!:D

Oh most definitely! And welcome back!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 minutes ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Just awaiting Sept GLOSEA update now...will see if it backs up EC and the increasingly blocked CFS trend. So much better than them all going zonal as that trend seems to stick!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Matt Hugo said back in late June that blocking was featured for the coming winter, interesting that this theme appears to be maintained. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

There is an interesting article in The Times today about the Quasi Biennial Oscillation being disrupted. If you have a Times subscription search for "Weird winds of change mean mild, wet and stormy" and (hopefully) you should find this article. Scientists have discovered that the QBO has been disrupted so that it is not going to revert to its Easterly Phase but remain Westerly for this coming season. If this is so, we can forget about dry and sunny weather persisting through October and it looks increasingly as if mild southerly/westerly winds will hold sway over Britain so we can forget about air-frosts for a while yet!

Edited by iapennell
correct error in title of article referred to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

I note that the "Cold Blob" has re-formed in the North Atlantic but further to the south and west (between 30 to 50W longitude and 40 to 50N). With warmer than usual waters off Britain's west coasts this is more likely to promote higher rainfall and increased storminess later this autumn through it's impact on the Circumpolar Vortex rather than promote dry weather. That is a shame though because I, along with others on here, prefer crisp frosty mornings (as opposed to persistent mild wet that keeps the midges going) in October!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
18 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Autumn wouldn't be Autumn in this country, without a few decent storms thrown in! I'm pining for some gale action.

I,m not, as a dry weather fan, wanna see a warm oct, then dry, cool November

Posted
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

:shok: Feels like hits 100F!!!

51561561.png

Lovely! Thank the Lord we are down In Hastings, by the sea, all next week:)

Don't forget to spend a couple of hours on the Underground during your visit ss,  oh, and the noise, crowds and pollution are a must experience during hot weather, in the Satanic City:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

Lovely! Thank the Lord we are down In Hastings, by the sea, all next week:)

Don't forget to spend a couple of hours on the Underground during your visit ss,  oh, and the noise, crowds and pollution are a must experience during hot weather, in the Satanic City:rofl:

Hottest I've experienced in London is about 24c low 30's will be a new experience for sure!