Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

For me another awful day,working near London again,the humidity was shocking,fingers crossed this evil muck will get blown away very soon. Autumn and its joys can't come soon enough!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
13 minutes ago, markyo said:

For me another awful day,working near London again,the humidity was shocking,fingers crossed this evil muck will get blown away very soon. Autumn and its joys can't come soon enough!

It isn't that humid, 28c here with 46% humidity. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

This would be pretty darn good if it was July or August.. locomotive.gif

2016-09-07.png

What website did you get the table from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, B87 said:

It isn't that humid, 28c here with 46% humidity. 

In Sevenoaks today,everybody i was working with hated it,no aircon in the office,was awful,no idea how they stand it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Near-20c dew points today will be replaced by dew points barely into double figures tomorrow, merciful relief to many.

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's a weather script I used an adapted for my site: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/extremes.php

Nice :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Well, this has "the warmest September ever" written all over it if the second half doesn't bring colder weather. Europe is once again flooded with warm air. This would be above average in July, not to mention now.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
11 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Near-20c dew points today will be replaced by dew points barely into double figures tomorrow, merciful relief to many.

Here here Nick, I for one will be glad of some cooler air. According to TM last night was the warmest round here since 63..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
4 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

Well, this has "the warmest September ever" written all over it if the second half doesn't bring colder weather. Europe is once again flooded with warm air. This would be above average in July, not to mention now.

The start of September here would be below average in July.

This month will need to keep up and exceed the current temps to match September 1949 or 2006.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Here here Nick, I for one will be glad of some cooler air.

I'm not bothered about the temperature at the moment it's just the humidity I'm finding uncomfortable. If it's not going to help bring storms it can bugger off!

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Here here Nick, I for one will be glad of some cooler air. According to TM last night was the warmest round here since 63..

..63, any interesting weather around in that year?

Looking forward to a much cooler and fresher second half of September.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I'm going to embrace the 'humidity' and sit outside and have dinner now. Quite the novelty being September and the weather being nice enough to do this!

• Like 2

Posted

Gorgeous sky this evening!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Given August on average is just as warm as July and we are only 7 days distant of it, it shouldn't come as to much of a surprise that we can experience temps at this of year in the mid-high 20's, indeed early September on average is warmer than the first half of June and quite often ends up warmer than the last half of June - but in June we wouldn't be thinking such similiar temperatures are anything noteworthy, if we were hitting low 30's then yes quite special,,

Its been a notable feature of many recent years for early-mid September to deliver lots of sunny warm dry weather - almost becoming the norm it seems, and on average the first week in September is on average one of if not the driest of the year.

Its comparable to early March in terms of the seasonal lag effect, which often sees winter dragging on, very low mins can easily be recorded still and heavy snowfall. The weather very rarely switches when the 'meteorological seasons' start.

Autumn for me never really gets going until the equinox, likewise spring never properly gets going until the spring equinox - just my opinion. I rejoice the arrival of the autumn equinox in this respect, as I find the first 3 weeks of September the most trying of the year for weather enthusiasts - its always a painfully slow changing of the seasons - very different to the changing of winter into spring which can be one of the most exciting periods of the year for swift changes and extremes from cold to warm, the ability for such changes to occur is at its lowest in early September. Roll on October... 'wake me up when september ends'..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

maybe more midweek warmth? the trend of this summer I wouldn't rule it out, happened last year as well Tue and Wed over Wimbledon

ECM1-144.GIF?07-0

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
36 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Given August on average is just as warm as July and we are only 7 days distant of it, it shouldn't come as to much of a surprise that we can experience temps at this of year in the mid-high 20's, indeed early September on average is warmer than the first half of June and quite often ends up warmer than the last half of June - but in June we wouldn't be thinking such similiar temperatures are anything noteworthy, if we were hitting low 30's then yes quite special,,

Its been a notable feature of many recent years for early-mid September to deliver lots of sunny warm dry weather - almost becoming the norm it seems, and on average the first week in September is on average one of if not the driest of the year.

Its comparable to early March in terms of the seasonal lag effect, which often sees winter dragging on, very low mins can easily be recorded still and heavy snowfall. The weather very rarely switches when the 'meteorological seasons' start.

Autumn for me never really gets going until the equinox, likewise spring never properly gets going until the spring equinox - just my opinion. I rejoice the arrival of the autumn equinox in this respect, as I find the first 3 weeks of September the most trying of the year for weather enthusiasts - its always a painfully slow changing of the seasons - very different to the changing of winter into spring which can be one of the most exciting periods of the year for swift changes and extremes from cold to warm, the ability for such changes to occur is at its lowest in early September. Roll on October... 'wake me up when september ends'..

Been pretty changeable so far this month, with each day from now being different to the next so if anything those wanting days on end of warm sunshine will be the disappointed ones. Indeed, September has started incredibly dull and quite wet here, featuring a very notable squall on Saturday night. Only 2014, 2009 and maybe 2007 fit your description of Septembers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Lot's to play for in the day to day detail next week but the general idea looks to be the warmest and driest weather in the south and south-east with the wetter and windier weather in the north and north-west

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/37303045

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

reminds me of last few weeks forecasts SS, I prefer the repeat option of warm Tue/Wed, rather than crappy Atlantic air, Sept now so hopefully temps not too hot if plume comes off

not really a heat fan, nor of course Atlantic air fan (although obviously an Atlantic air believer)

for 0ct, I would like fantasy thoughts of deep southerlies from Africa, bringing sunny warm days at 25°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This afternoon was gorgeous here, reached 27C. Lovely!