Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
23 minutes ago, AWD said:

Trainspotters would pay a fortune for a room like that.  Lol.

Perhaps not at night when a noisy freight train hurtles past in the dark, bloody terrifying when you're not expecting it :D

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Horrid out there this evening. 20c with a 19c dew point, ergh!

very muggy here too,temp 20.9c.

To hell with this. Come on autumn show your face soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
8 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Not sure why you quoted my post Ian, or maybe I am not understanding your point, but I was only referring to 'early September' and not the month as a whole.

@David Snow, Apologies for the confusion, I did notice that the weather outlook you were referring to was for the coming week. I was in fact referring to the agreement between this and my long -term outlook for September that I predicted some time ago. I hope that this clarifies the significance of my making this point. 

• Like 1

Posted

Loving this unfresh weather.

Managed some good spells of sunshine yesterday, especially in the evening. Hoping for more of the same later on.

Humidity + sunshine = win

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

h850t850eu.png

just if we can edge this west, another repeat Tuesday warmth?

ECM1-168.GIF?06-12

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Could be my mildest September night on record last night. Didn't drop below 18.8C. Very humid this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

never got below 21c where I am....possibly the warmest night of the year in my location

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

A very cloudy start to September here, with just 15 hours for the first 5 days and another cloudy day today. Temps have been average so far but will climb in the next few days.

Horse Chestnuts starting to change colour (though that could be due to disease), won't see any other trees changing until mid or late October though.

Edited by B87

Posted
7 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Humidity + sunshine = win

= sweat.

The sooner this stuff is out of the way the better imo.

• Like 4

Posted

Yes, it seems we are one of the warmer spots today. We had a maximum of 26.3C here earlier which is actually just 0.7C under the record September high set in 1999.

Anything over 26C is quite unusual here in September, today is only the 12th time it has happened since 1980.

Posted

I have really never understood the appeal of the sweating associated with humidity myself. I get that different people enjoy different things, but unless the humidity is going to deliver storms it can do one.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

This spell when it appeared reminded me of a similar spell in 2013 where an Atlantic hurricane tracked to the north west of us and high pressure built over the UK and Europe.

archives-2013-9-21-0-0.png   archives-2013-9-22-0-0.png   archives-2013-9-23-0-0.png

Alas that spell had the same issue, that ex-hurricane with an intense area of tropical maritime air delivered a lot of low cloud, even to areas in the east which might have benefited from a decent land track to break up the cloud.

Disappointing to be honest, I hope things improve tomorrow.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

I have really never understood the appeal of the sweating associated with humidity myself. I get that different people enjoy different things, but unless the humidity is going to deliver storms it can do one.

like some people wear jackets, jumpers etc last 2 days, and think bloody 'ell they must be 'ot and I'm just in bare arms, but we all feel different

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

What a truly vile day in my opinion,high humidity,no breeze found it very unpleasant,for me i just don't get how anybody would enjoy it,hopefully soon long gone!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

For those awaiting Autumn, a downward trend begins from around the 17th

gefsens850London0.png

Ay, well it's a Saturday, let's hope for Summer on 20th-21st

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Ay, well it's a Saturday, let's hope for Summer on 20th-21st

Isn't the 21st the start of astronomical Autumn? In which case I want summery conditions to be behind us then until next year. I can tolerate Summer like conditions at the moment as it is still Summer in the astronomical sense, though by the equinox I want Autumn to finally show up.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Isn't the 21st the start of astronomical Autumn? In which case I want summery conditions to be behind us then until next year. I can tolerate Summer like conditions at the moment as it is still Summer in the astronomical sense, though by the equinox I want Autumn to finally show up.

The equinox is the 22nd this year. 

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Today felt a bit surreal for a Sept day for my location. Felt like a warm spell during the middle of summer,Max temp of 25.9c which was warmer then any day during the summer of 2015. It wasn't as if it was wall to wall sunshine either as often it was partly cloudy here today.

Posted

Ridiculously warm tonight for any time of the year, never mind September. Its still 20.0C at nearly midnight.

The record high minima of 17.0C could be under threat here tonight, set way back on 1st September 1984.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Horrid minima.

• Like 1