Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really looking like those high forecast temps for next week are being slowly eroded back down,to be honest was expected. Max in my area 22c more than likely,can't complain,very nice!:) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

where's summer thread gone?????? still summer weatherwise after Sunday, very summery GFS even here, sunny and 24-25° Tue to Fri on GFS, then chance of an E-W battle drawing up a southerly

• Like 2

Posted

Love the way so many have deserted this is forum after the summer months have gone,find it very strange. Its weather,surely in any guise its a talking point or are they  just missing banging on about their preferred conditions......pretty sure i'll get shot down on this one but what the heck.:)  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Love the way so many have deserted this is forum after the summer months have gone,find it very strange. Its weather,surely in any guise its a talking point or are they  just missing banging on about their preferred conditions......pretty sure i'll get shot down on this one but what the heck.:)  

People do the same in winter. There are members of this forum who you never see unless there's snow in the forecast. 

• Like 1

Posted

been a trend this summer for decent weather to develop on a monday (SE), here on a tuesday, sometimes wednesday as well, and breaking down on Thurs/Fri, then starting again with  decent Tuesday

cheese, it's true that, I'm still fully in sumer mode at the moment, northerlies can wait, don't want 'em yet

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Saw that on the cricket.

I was walking with a friend and they actually saw it before me.. neither of us have seen it before. Took a few pictures.

Posted
8 hours ago, cheese said:

People do the same in winter. There are members of this forum who you never see unless there's snow in the forecast. 

Very good point,happens both ways i suppose. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A blip this weekend then summer returns

29451234.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/37262636

:)

In a way, what a waste. Kids back at school, most people are now back at work. Also not at the maximum optimum in the same way a cold spell coming in early March.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Im done with heat, want cool breezes and dark nights curled up on the couch haha

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

For those of us wanting Autumn the GFS is not all that cool but with brisk easterlies and fronts being thrown up, we'd have our Autumn beginning.

Rtavn2642.gif

Posted

Autumn colours everywhre here especially bracken and rowan berries. Trees like  beech  turning also .Early even for us, put it down to ground frost earlier in August when Carrbridge 20 miles further inland and higher up fell to -3c  and we were 1c that  morning at 6.00am.  Probably advanced the harvest too when crops in early August were very green after the damp dull July.

Posted
1 hour ago, snowgirl30 said:

Im done with heat, want cool breezes and dark nights curled up on the couch haha

Agreed, would be nice.

btw, do you get  much in the way of 'heat',  way up in Darlington?:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
24 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Agreed, would be nice.

btw, do you get  much in the way of 'heat',  way up in Darlington?:whistling:

We get our moments for heat yes got above 30c this year

Further south it's looking pretty good

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

We get our moments for heat yes got above 30c this year

Further south it's looking pretty good

Yes, a few more warm days to come down here, then that will probably be that!

You really would love it down here! Get saving and make the move:D

Posted

17 hours ago, markyo said:

who's deserted the forum? there's usually a core of members on here all year and when winter approaches, user numbers go up hugely. as cheese said, mention snow and its inundated! i think its a fair indication of the preferred weather type of the majority of us and probably shows just how rare snow actually is in this country!

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

For those of us wanting Autumn the GFS is not all that cool but with brisk easterlies and fronts being thrown up, we'd have our Autumn beginning.

Rtavn2642.gif

good chart! SW'lys there, what I want now, warmth until Nov

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, bobbydog said:

who's deserted the forum? there's usually a core of members on here all year and when winter approaches, user numbers go up hugely. as cheese said, mention snow and its inundated! i think its a fair indication of the preferred weather type of the majority of us and probably shows just how rare snow actually is in this country!

A few notable absences are there,but that would occur at the end of the winter months as well so fair call. For me weather is interesting,hot cold rain etc and just to bow out and purely look for their preferred setup is a bit strange. This includes folk who chase the cold with equal passion as those wanting heat. For me any weather is of interest....apart from the grey continual muck we seem to endure recently!  

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Certainly an Autumnal feel today here with heavy driving rain and the hills round me shrouded in cloud.

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

good chart! SW'lys there, what I want now, warmth until Nov

Yup. It's like people who expect a flip to be switched in March and suddenly expect warm sunny spring weather.. doesn't work like that.

Also, I'm glad the kids are back to school soon. Too many of them knocking around for my liking! Might book a week off - that way I get to enjoy public spaces and restaurants without screaming children and hordes of teenagers.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Makes a change. The wind picking up, the clouds rolling over, the rain pitter-pattering, and the earliest evening darkness in a long time. There's something so nice about it. Really in the mood for Autumn now...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
12 hours ago, bobbydog said:

Reaction when the beast from the east failed at t24 hrs Dec 2012 known_memes_refreshed_by_me__mega_rage__meme-angry_00277833.jpg

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3