Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Is Over

Posted

There's no point in even trying. We're going to have to see a massive turnaround in the models and even the Met Office have predictably dropped their settled outlook. I'm getting sick of living in this country and experiencing the same Autumnal crappy weather every flipping season. Plans to re locate to a location where they get actual SEASONS are in the pipeline. Greenland and melting sea ice has ruined our climate and made it more Icelandic. It's awful. Practically EVERYWHERE IN EUROPE is getting normal summer temperatures and decent weather but the UK. After just one decent summer in almost 10 years I've had enough. It's not going to improve this year and it never will.

Rant over.

• Like 4

Posted

Hows it going to improve? no sign of it happening for another 2 weeks at least. And  you can't rely on august anymore.; Our summers  are short as it is.. Very disappointing.

You can almost put your house on it.. the start of next summer..Some headline. Hottest summer of all time..The UK to bask in 90F for  3 weeks.. Just to be followed by  wet and windy weather that lasts for 2 months.

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted

I bet 10 days of heat between the 15th July too 30th August would change the view of this summer. I sure something is on the way at some point just not yet. Netweather's forecast for July and August still have signals for higher than normal pressure anomalies over the Uk:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
14 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

I bet 10 days of heat between the 15th July too 30th August would change the view of this summer. I sure something is on the way at some point just not yet. Netweather's forecast for July and August still have signals for higher than normal pressure anomalies over the Uk:)

It looks like we will only see 2-3 days of average July weather this month, and I don't have any hope in August after the complete failure it has been since 2006.

If we had 10 days of 30c in August, the summer would still go down as a poor one overall, even though August would be good.

We just had the cloudiest and 7th wettest June on record, and July looks like being cool and very cloudy for at least the first 3 weeks.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

With the UK weather being so and these days 'even more so' unpredictable, how can you say summer is over already, things can and do flip, and everything may flip again, or we may get summer in August or September which can be just as good, if not better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Saying that though with my above comment, we may go through summer exactly how it is now. Wet, and cool :(, if so i'll apologize and buy you a beer ;) 

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I think we have hit a period I have not witnessed in my lifetime.We have to go back to the 60s to see a similar period.Strangely the poor summers coincided with each end of the decade with july 1969 being the warmest month of the decade but the 1990s saw 9 months warmer.Summers of 1970,75,76,83,84,89,90,95,96,97,03 and 2006 seem a distant memory.the 70s 80s and 90s all giving at least 3 very good summers per decade with only 2013 in the last decade that would rank below all the above .It certainly can be depressive especially after a poor wet winter and poor spring !

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Well I think if nothing much is stirring for heatwave lovers with nothing much likely on the horizon yet atm it does make one wonder if this summer might be another one to forget for heat lovers.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

There's already a Summer thread so I'm going to lock this.

• Like 2