Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

Labour Leadership

10 hours ago, davehsug said:

I wouldn't have said Ed Miliband was without principles, even though somewhat held back by fear of the press and Eagle is certainly of the left, it's just the more practical left, not Corbyn's student union debating society left.

This sums up Corbyn, he goes to a Cuba solidarity event.

For the average UK citizen, irrelevant. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-responds-to-leadership-challenge-and-theresa-mays-coronation-as-pm-by-going-to-cuban-solidarity-event_uk_5783d4b1e4b07a99eadd0fcd

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 1

Copy of email i received into my work email inbox from Len (McCluskey) in early hours:

Labours National Executive Committee have this evening, cleared the way for a 'members decision' on the party's future leader.

This is an opportunity, for every trade union political levy paying member, to join the Labour Party as an affiliate supporter and to influence the outcome of the leadership election and future political direction of the party.

If you genuinely care about Labour Party values and winning for working people - Join Labour today as an affiliate member

Simply click the link and join the Labour Party

So, does this mean I (and other Unite members who are not Labour Party members) have dispensation from the exclusion announced yesterday i.e. needing to be a member of Labour for 6 months?

Anyone think Len and the comrades are trying to buy Corbyn votes?:cc_confused:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scottish skier said:

I sort of agree, but have you checked the voting record of the Labour party on all these things?

We had the joke 'Labour - Abstaining for Scotland'.

Either that, or bloody voting for it.

Exactly, and I'm 90% sure Corbyn did not, vote for most of the post you quoted. That's why he's been bad mouthed all the time, cause they know he will undo what has been done. 

Edited by alexisj9

The Blairite  coup against Jeremy Corbyn is not about electability, competence or principle. It is about foreign policy and about power.

None of the reasons given for the attempt to oust Jeremy Corbyn from the leadership of Britain’s Labour party stack up. Repeated predictions of the party’s electoral failure under his leadership repeatedly fail to come true. No one takes seriously the claim Corbyn single-handedly lost the Brexit referendum.

By contrast the profile of his challenger Angela Eagle shows that on both foreign policy and domestic policy she is a classic Blairite, voting for the Iraq war in 2003, voting against any proposal for investigations into its conduct thereafter, supporting the Libyan war in 2011, voting for the bombing of Syria in 2015, and voting for welfare cuts and for introducing university tuition fees.

What all these bizarre manoeuvres against Corbyn ultimately show is the extraordinary level of entitlement of Britain’s political class of which the Blairite wing of the Labour party is fully a part.

At the same time with the support of the media it heaps vitriol on anyone like Corbyn who challenges it. Should its coup against Corbyn succeed it will distance the political class from the people of Britain even more, paving the way for more political instability in the future.

http://theduran.com/jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-british-coup/

TBH, having lived through the dark days of Michael Foot, I cannae see the point of Jeremy Corbyn: he says nothing about anything;and, IMO, tried-and-tested, 1950s, left-wing platitudes about 'caring for the people' are no-longer enough...

IMO, Labour needs a leader who's capable of winning the hearts-and-minds of a majority (30% under PR - so time for a change?); but, his sitting there all smug and self-satisfied, as 'his' party self-destructs around him will, IMO, not do...

IMO, the only way we'll ever get rid of these Tory rip-off merchants, is by having a Labour Party that's led by an electable person.

My choice? Why - Dan Jarvis...

• Like 2

Since Corbyn et al want to airbrush Blair out of Labour history, then Labour haven't won a general election since October 1974 if that were the case. Pretty damning.

Members of the Labour Party need to wake and smell the coffee and ask themselves that IMO "why they are the crappest major political party in the Western Hemisphere?"

Long periods in Opposition, dud leaders, successful leaders are demonised. They are truely the party of protest and megaphones, shouting from the sidelines. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Well that's me voting Conservative in 2020 then. Labour need to think carefully about where the 15% from UKIP is going to go now that it's become irrelevant. Certainly won't be going to Labour if they carry on like that.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

So the new leader will be announced on 24th September. Why the need for such a long, drawn out process? Was nothing learned from last year?

Corbyn confident he will win offers a hand of friendship back me or face reselection.

• Like 1

Intimidated women Labour mp's write to Corbyn 40 of them asking him to stop it. Meanwhile Corbyn encourages in a subtle manner aggressive campaigning for future elections.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I was woken by a dull, droning sound coming from my radio alarm which turned out to Jeremy Corbyn waffling on about something or other in that slightly tetchy, holier than thou manner he has.

Reaching for the snooze button it occurred to me that, for a man who has such strong convictions he says very little of any substance. 

He's been oppo leader for 10 months and I honestly can't recall anything he's said.

I overslept and was late for work. Owen Smith would've had me up, dressed and ready to face the day!

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/22/intelligence-services-using-dark-practices-against-jeremy-corbyn

Does he really think MI5 have time to fanny around with bringing down the Labour party. The party is more than capable of doing that on it's own.

What a prize tit. 

Edited by kar999
  • Like 1

Here we r again.. Long live Jezza.. He will win with ease.. Going by the liverpool fourms i post in.

Bad day for labour when he does. Anyway he's won the right to be on the ballot paper due to a court ruling.

Edited by The PIT

I reckon that you would have a better chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride past on Shergar than  Jeremy Corbyn would ever likely to have of winning a G. E. 

Michael Foot was cast from the same mold, and led Labour to oblivion in 1983

Has Owen Smith got a worrying trait of making tactless remarks?

When Angela Eagle was running for leadership, Smith said he was normal with three kids. He said he would smash Theresa May back on her heels.

Not good signs.